Strange Brew. Very strange. Lots going on.

It crossed some lines I didn’t know could be crossed and I got steamrolled.

Strange combination of honeysweet linen-floral white, bitter and fruity yesheng, with the maltiness and baked goods taste of aged yueguangbai and some kind of weird musty meatiness and pungent herbaceousness. Body flattening yet heady energy. Great strength in aroma, taste, aftertaste, mouthfeel and returning sweetness. First handful of steeps are best when prepared gongfu. Thins out and gets metallic quicker than I would’ve thought based on the thickness of the first several infusions. I really wonder how this would perform with other methods.

Unsure how often I’d drink it.

Others’ reviews tell a lot. Read them here and here https://steepster.com/teas/yunnan-sourcing/73133-wild-tree-purple-moonlight-white-tea-from-jinggu. Thanks, Togo :)

Flavors: Alcohol, Apricot, Biting, Bitter, Black Currant, Brandy, Bread, Cannabis, Cantaloupe, Carrot, Champagne, Cranberry, Eucalyptus, Floral, Herbs, Honey, Hot Hay, Malt, Meat, Metallic, Muscatel, Musty, Pastries, Peach, Plum, Potato, Thick, Umami, White Grapes

195 °F / 90 °C 5 g 3 OZ / 100 ML
Ubacat

LOL That sure is a collage of flavours. Bob & Doug McKenzie’s brew for sure.

Take off, you hosers!

eastkyteaguy

Little known fact: A friend and I once received a complaint for playing steamroller in a dorm hallway during our college days.

derk

Please tell me there were straightjackets involved. No joke, a few relationships ago, I expressed my affection for my partner by steamrolling him. Frequently. He didn’t seem to enjoy it as much as I did but if he had told me to take off, I would’ve.

eastkyteaguy

There were no straightjackets involved, but we managed to get around that fact by pulling our arms back through the sleeves of our shirts and acting as if we were wearing straightjackets. Oddly, no alcohol was involved in this little incident. We just decided to play steamroller in the middle of the night.

Comments

Ubacat

LOL That sure is a collage of flavours. Bob & Doug McKenzie’s brew for sure.

Take off, you hosers!

derk

eastkyteaguy

Eventual tea farmer. If you are a tea grower, want to grow your own plants or are simply curious, please follow me so we can chat.

I most enjoy loose-leaf, unflavored teas and tisanes. Always on the lookout for teas from countries and regions not commonly known for tea production or those that are not well represented in the western market. I seek these teas to gain an understanding, however vague, of how this plant performs in different climates.

bicycle bicycle bicycle