I’ve been so hopped up on Chinese and Taiwanese teas for the past few months, it was nice to take a break with a good blend. I received this tea in a swap with Mastress Alita.

Went with 2tsp in a teaball, 10oz mug, first steep of 3.5 minutes, second steep of 5. This tea has been calling to me for a few weeks. I’ve been opening the bag for a good whiff every so often. It smells so good. I enjoy both lavender and earl grey, neither of which overpowered the other. They were backed by a slight creamy flavor which made this tea taste like an herbed black tea orange creamsicle. The base tea worked well with the flavors. The only thing I took issue with was a thin mouthfeel. I suppose, then, that this tea would be good for people who like to add milk or cream to their blacks and that’s where a fuller mouthfeel would come in. I bet it would make a killer lavender London Fog, but I don’t have the ambition nor the tools to make one. The taste of this tea makes me look forward to California winter… that’s a good thing. Thanks for sharing, Mastress Alita!!

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
Mastress Alita

Nothing makes me look forward to Idaho winters, heh. I do really like this tea though. And it does make good London Fogs! (Makes good Arnold Palmers, too). If I’m too lazy to hook up my milk frother (common occurance) I just put 1/4 vanilla almond milk in my mug, zap it in the microwave for 40-60 seconds to heat it up, then add the brewed tea to the rest of the mug and give it a good stir. May not be frothy, but it tastes good, and that’s good enough for me.

I’ve been in an Earl Grey mood lately too, maybe I should dig another of my EG samplers out to thermos with me to work tomorrow…

derk

I tried some vanilla soymilk with one of the cups but it actually wasn’t that good. When I have this tea on hand again and happen to have some almond milk, I’ll give that a try.

Comments

Mastress Alita

derk

Abandoned the rating system again. Too much work.

Great tea is unforgettable. Good tea is sometimes forgettable. Mediocre tea is forgettable unless I’ve drank enough of it to form an impression. Bad tea is unforgettable, unfortunately.

California, USA