Another one of Scott’s shou blends I really like, it has all the qualities I expect from these. The aroma is a mix of fruits (blueberries, blackberries), fresh seafood (calamari) and cooked meat. The first thing I notice is when drinking the tea is its extremely lubricating and oily mouthfeel that makes me salivate. It is also decently thick and a touch chalky. Taste-wise, it is a very smooth and woody tea. It is more savoury than sweet. Among the flavours I get are those of fireplace, coffee, and blue grapes. The aftertaste is more sweet and earthy and balances out the profile nicely. There is a sort of expansive camphor-like fragrance, nutty flavour and hints of sourness, shades of which are noticeable in the liquor itself as well actually.

In the middle of the session, the profile has some bitterness as well, which is nice. Overall, I would describe the tea as a fruity and woody one with little sweetness and camphor-like aftertaste.

Flavors: Bitter, Blackberry, Blueberry, Camphor, Coffee, Earth, Fireplace, Fruity, Grapes, Nutty, Sour, Tart, Thick

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Currently, I am a PhD student at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Ontario. Apart from teas and mathematics, I enjoy sports and traveling, as well as music of all kinds. Connect at https://rateyourmusic.com/~Togo

I have been a fan of green tea for a while and I started exploring other kinds of tea in greater depth only in 2017. I rarely drink blends and generally avoid artificially scented teas. Other than that I try to keep it varied.

My rating description:
100 _ Unforgettable tea, an experience that changes your life.
90 – 100 _ Excellent tea.
80 – 90 _ Very enjoyable, I will buy again.
70 – 80 _ I enjoyed it, but I most likely won’t be buying it again.
60 – 70 _ Decent.
50 – 60 _ Average, forgettable.
40 – 50 _ I didn’t really like the tea, but it is drinkable.
0 – 40 _ I would prefer to avoid the tea.

Bratislava, Slovakia