“Making a small clerical error which ends up costing so many marks on what should have been an easy, grade boosting assignment” consolation tea. I’m full of so much self loathing right now.

This tea is just like the letter grade I’m likely to end up getting in that class: A solid “B.” (Although, sometimes I think of this one in the 80’s; it’s dependable). I have so much of this tea in my life.

Flavors: Strawberry

Lexie Aleah

I do the same thing unfortunately. I had a similar situation a few weeks ago.

Evol Ving Ness

No self-flagellation! Be very kind to yourself. You will have the opportunity to do better another time.

CrowKettle

Sorry, steepsterites! Self-depreciating tea notes help get over silly stress and disappointment, but it means you all are sometimes subject to my “diary.” And it’s definitely a mistake I’ll never make again; that’s what job training is about- get the common mistakes and oversights out of the way!

I suspect I’ll have a lot of happy tea notes in a few days though :)

gmathis

Points to you for caring about the details—now let them go! (I am the Queen of Ruminating Over Small Mistakes For Inappropriately Long Periods of Time. I don’t need any competition ;) Good tea choice. Strawberry tea is happy tea!

Comments

Lexie Aleah

I do the same thing unfortunately. I had a similar situation a few weeks ago.

Evol Ving Ness

CrowKettle

I suspect I’ll have a lot of happy tea notes in a few days though :)

gmathis

My favourites are teas like Milk Oolong, Silver Needle,and Japanese Sencha/Gyokuro, but I generally enjoy ALL the tea, including flavoured blends and a good ol’ cup of Earl Grey.

Subjective Rating System 4.0:
I don’t give a lot of low ratings out, since I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me.

90-100: Exceptional and all-time favourite teas. I struggle between hoarding these like a dragon and consuming them like a poorly adjusted black hole.

80-89: Favourite teas (usually flavoured) that I try to keep around when possible.

70-79: Good teas that I’ll happily drink up, but with minor issues.

60-69: Ok teas, but I may have a few problems with quality, consistency, ingredient chemistry, and/or personal preferences.

50-59: Average to mediocre cup. Personal preference issues are apparent but still drinkable.

11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea.

1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, an unholy abomination. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

FAVOURITE INGREDIENTS/NOTES:

DESSERT FLAVOURS
Vanilla, Maple, Caramel, Butterscotch, Cream, Toffee, Nougat, Marzipan, Butter

FRUIT & BERRIES
Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry, Banana, Melon, Pineapple, Persimmon, Rhubarb, Passionfruit

CITRUS
Lime, Grapefruit, Lemon, Bergamot, Yuzu (orange is a hit or miss)

SPICES
Anise (but not licorice), Ginger, Clove-forward chai

AROMATIC & HERBACEOUS NOTES
Musky, “Fresh,” and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Juniper Eucalyptus, Mints

FLORALS
Lavender, Jasmine, Rose, Lilac, Violet, etc. ALL the flowers!

VEGGIE/GRAIN NOTES
Spinach, Grass, Hay, Cucumber, Rice, Sweet Potato

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:

- Stevia and most sweeteners
- Cinnamon-forward blends
- Prunes
- Dark Roasts (oolong)
- Orange (if it’s a creamsicle)
- Mango pieces (love mango outside of tea though)
- Cocoa Nibs, 95% of the time.

BC, Canada