Once upon a time I bought a quince with OMGsrsly. I never actually got to eat it because I left on a long trip the next day, but the smell and all of the possibilities still stick with me. Also, without that little event I would never have known what a quince is and would have had absolutely no reference for this tea. It’s not a good reference, mind you— I’ll have to buy another quince for that!

I’m not swooning over the base here, although fragrant fruit coupled with seaweed note creates a heady, almost apple-like feel. There’s also a dry, prickly vibe here that I’m having a hard time describing. It works for me though!

Thanks, MissB for sharing and passing this along to OMGsrsly!

Flavors: Apple, Citrus, Fruity, Seaweed

MissB

Wait, what? I shared this tea? Oh my goodness, that tells you just how memorable it was. Purchased, I think, in a cool dollar-store-meets-IKEA kinda place in Brussels, Belgium. Glad you liked it!

CrowKettle

Lol! It just goes to show that if you pass along it along far enough someone is bound to appreciate the “dollar-store-meets-IKEA” green tea :) Thank you!

Comments

MissB

CrowKettle

Favourite Flavours/Ingredients:

-Vanilla, Maple, Caramel, Cream, Toffee, Nougat, Marzipan
-All Citrus: Lime, Grapefruit, Lemon, Bergamot, Orange, Yuzu
-Anise, but not licorice
-Ginger or Clove-forward chai
-Rosemary
-Grass/Marine/Vegetal/Nutty Green teas
-Florals: Rose, Lavender, Jasmine…
-Musky and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Eucalyptus
-Berries: Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry
-Bananas, and most fruits actually.

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:

-Stevia and most sweetners
-Cinnamon-forward chai/blends
-Apple & Cranberries
-Mango pieces (love mango outside of tea though)
-Coconut pieces (as a sub/filler ingredient)
-Metallic or overly artificial teas
-Cocoa Nibs, 95% of the time.

Subjective Rating System 3.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. I’ll impulsively buy in large quantities and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. I’ll try to keep this one around when it’s practical.

76-84: A good tea, but not one I’m likely to order again.

70-75: Alright, but I may have a few problems with quality, consistency, ingredient chemistry and/or personal preferences.

50-69: Average to mediocre cup.

11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea. I don’t give a lot of these ratings out, since I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me.

1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, the unholy abomination that is a chimera. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

BC, Canada