drank Maple Taffy by Bayswater Tea Co.

This is one of the teas I picked up on my outing with OMGsrsly, and it has become my main companion in the last week. There are better teas out there (and in my cupboard), but the smell always makes me swoon and loose all sense of judgment.

The cinnamon comes through stronger without milk, but at a 200F temperature it keeps its smooth toffee-popcorn butter texture. If I accidentally use boiling water I add some milk after- that ruffles out the cinnamon and astringency, while generally keeping things amazing.

Although the maple is slightly more subdued than I would like, I bear no regrets with this one, and would consider picking some up again. I do wonder if the Maple Toffee from The Whistling Kettle is the same tea; the two look identical.

Flavors: Butter, Cinnamon, Maple, Popcorn, Toffee

Favourite Flavours/Ingredients:

-Vanilla, Maple, Caramel, Cream, Toffee, Nougat, Marzipan
-All Citrus: Lime, Grapefruit, Lemon, Bergamot, Orange, Yuzu
-Anise, but not licorice
-Ginger or Clove-forward chai
-Rosemary
-Grassy, Marine, Vegetal, or Nutty Green teas
-Florals: Rose, Lavender, Jasmine, etc.
-Musky and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Eucalyptus
-Berries: Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry
-Bananas, and most fruits actually.

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:

-Stevia and most sweetners
-Cinnamon-forward chai/blends
-Apple & Cranberries
-Mango pieces (love mango outside of tea though)
-Coconut pieces (as a sub/filler ingredient)
-Metallic or overly artificial teas
-Cocoa Nibs, 95% of the time.

Subjective Rating System 3.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. I’ll impulsively buy in large quantities and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. I’ll try to keep this one around when it’s practical.

76-84: A good tea, but not one I’m likely to order again.

70-75: Alright, but I may have a few problems with quality, consistency, ingredient chemistry, or personal preferences.

50-69: Average to mediocre cup.

11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea. I don’t give a lot of these ratings out, since I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me.

1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, the unholy abomination that is a chimera. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

BC, Canada