drank Gingerbread by DAVIDsTEA

This smells a lot like the Red Velvet Cake blend, with a flick of spice to it. I made up a cup yesterday, steeped in almond milk. It yielded an exceptionally sweet, rich cup, even if it was a bit bland.

Today I decided to throw in some raw ginger into the steeper and take it without milk. The cakey creaminess is still present but there is a load of fruit that I didn’t notice before. The pineapple and currants are definitely apparent. Maybe there’s more zing to it today, from the extra ginger (and the pineapple?). The whole citrus cream rooibos thing makes me think of Della Terra’s Lime Chiffon.

In the finish I do get some delicious cinnamon spiced gingerbread cookies. I wish it was more pronounced and spiced.

Plunkybug

I’m gonna have to try this once I get back home after my trip next week.

Comments

Plunkybug

I’m gonna have to try this once I get back home after my trip next week.

Favourite Flavours/Ingredients:

-Vanilla, Maple, Caramel, Cream, Toffee, Nougat, Marzipan
-All Citrus: Lime, Grapefruit, Lemon, Bergamot, Orange, Yuzu
-Anise, but not licorice
-Ginger or Clove-forward chai
-Rosemary
-Grass/Marine/Vegetal/Nutty Green teas
-Florals: Rose, Lavender, Jasmine…
-Musky and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Eucalyptus
-Berries: Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry
-Bananas, and most fruits actually.

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:

-Stevia and most sweetners
-Cinnamon-forward chai/blends
-Apple & Cranberries
-Mango pieces (love mango outside of tea though)
-Coconut pieces (as a sub/filler ingredient)
-Metallic or overly artificial teas
-Cocoa Nibs, 95% of the time.

Subjective Rating System 3.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. I’ll impulsively buy in large quantities and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. I’ll try to keep this one around when it’s practical.

76-84: A good tea, but not one I’m likely to order again.

70-75: Alright, but I may have a few problems with quality, consistency, ingredient chemistry and/or personal preferences.

50-69: Average to mediocre cup.

11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea. I don’t give a lot of these ratings out, since I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me.

1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, the unholy abomination that is a chimera. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

BC, Canada