drank BlueChai's Blue Tea by BlueChai

This was shared with me by keychange.

This actually brews up blue. And not like semi, kind of, if I stretch my imagination blue. Just blue. Very blue. WEIRD. I’m not really sure how I feel about drinking something blue. It’s an abnormal drink colour. Also, it smells like boiled asparagus. Which I suppose makes some sense. Peas, asparagus. Close enough.

What do you know, it tastes like asparagus too. Maybe it’s just been so long since I had peas it’s actually a pea flavour. Asparagus, on the other hand, I have regularly. So asparagus tea. Interesting.

Thanks keychange!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 15 OZ / 443 ML

lmao asparagus tea!

TeaKlutz

Blue asparagus tea, hmm? Now I’m intrigued!

Comments

lmao asparagus tea!

TeaKlutz

Blue asparagus tea, hmm? Now I’m intrigued!

My partner and I live with our bunnies: Callie and Ben, and cats: Freyja and Ivan. I’m currently working on my MSc in biology and enjoying tea along the way!

I love black tea and this is usually what’s in my mug.

I’m also happy to enjoy a cup of green or red rooibos (green preferable to red), herbals, oolongs (unroasted and red preferable to roasted), whites, and subtly flavoured greens.

Likes:
Raspberry, peach, rhubarb, passionfruit, and most fruits in general, maple, creaminess, hay, biscuit, lavender, and cacao/dark chocolate.

I enjoy bergamot when paired with flavours that mellow it (Camellia Sinensis Earl Grey Cream is one of my favourites).

Dislikes:
Any smokiness at all, stevia, too much blackberry leaf, rose, ginger (except in chai), cinnamon-heavy teas, anything cloying or fake/candy-like.

I’m vegan with an allergy to potatoes, so I avoid any animal products in tea, along with sprinkles as these often have potato starch (I usually just pick them out of blends).

Last updated December 2021.

Canada