drank Breakfast in Paris by Stash Tea

I’ve been fairly busy the last few days. It’s one of these times when I don’t want to break out the good stuff; it’s hard to appreciate what I’m drinking if I’m sipping on it while working on a project. So I’ve had this tea for the past few mornings. It’s not a heavy-duty black tea, but it does wake you up in a mellow sort of way. The lavender and bergamot are gently present in both the aroma and flavor. Lavender can be too sharp sometimes, but here it’s just right, and the tea itself is surprisingly good for a filter bag. I would call it a soft version of the typical breakfast tea.

Science writer and a cat that learned to type.

I grew up in a tea-loving family, and tea has always been a part of daily life. I’m still astounded by the amount of tea and teaware back home every time I visit! While I’m most familiar with straight Chinese teas, I’m growing to explore and appreciate other types of tea, including blended and flavored ones. A good blend can reflect the thought and creativity that was put into making it, instead of being too sweet or busy in a way that gives the “genre” a bad rap.

Likes:
-most black teas (even lapsang)
-most oolongs, especially Fujian teas, baozhong and dancong
-houjicha
-straight white teas
-citrus
-almond/amaretto
-coconut
-vanilla

Variable (some are great, some not so):
-most green teas