Actual conversation with partner:
“You said you wanted a ginger tea. Try this.”
“Is it good? Wow, it definitely smells like ginger. …oh yeah, that’s SUPER ginger.”

So it lives up to its name.

I was kind of dreading this actually. I like ginger but normally find it too astringent in my tea. This one worked for me in the best way. The spice of both the ginger and the peppercorns is warming, and it’s all well balanced. It also makes me think of honey on the initial sip. I could see this being a lovely tea for a cold (that doesn’t taste medicinal at all).

Bonus, I didn’t realize it was a green rooibos tea, so I’ll be more willing to try those in the future. Sorry red rooibos.

DAVIDsTEA advent, day 13

Flavors: Ginger, Honey, Peppercorn

Early 30s mom of 2 (ages 7 & 1) and lecturer in California.
Great at buying tea, good at drinking tea, bad at timely reviews. Drawn to fruit, floral, spice, and flavored teas in general; prefer those that stand well without milk or sweetener.

Still figuring this out, but slowly adding to cupboard. I rate when a package is finished as I’m deciding whether to reorder.

I think of my ratings as letter grades.
90-100 A: loved it; want to rebuy immediately so I have it on hand
80-89 B: tasty; would pick it up again but okay to wait until I get through other teas
70-79 C: good; could grab with a good deal
60-69 D: okay; would keep in a set but may not repurchase on its own
0-59 F: various shades of bad; would not purchase; closer to 0 means may not even drink again if offered