drank Unicorn Dream by DAVIDsTEA

If you’re not a fan of the artificially sweet blends from DAVIDsTEA, this is one to skip.

It looked like so much fun in the tin. I may have oversteeped mine; while I read 5+ minutes as the recommended time, I think mine went more like 15 thanks to a toddler distraction mid-steep. It came out a murky purple.

We’ve already noted I don’t have a discerning palate, but all I get from this is sweet. Like a rock candy, bubblegum, cotton candy type sweet – except I enjoy those things to some extent and did not enjoy this. It was closer to a frosted cereal than the actual blend frosted cereal, actually, and I think my issue was it was such an artificial flavor.

My partner – “This one is bad, right? That’s why you’re holding it out like that – oh yep. Yeah that’s bad.”

DAVIDsTEA caffeine free advent, day 12

Flavors: Artificial, Sweet

Early 30s mom of 2 (ages 7 & 1) and lecturer in California.
Great at buying tea, good at drinking tea, bad at timely reviews. Drawn to fruit, floral, spice, and flavored teas in general; prefer those that stand well without milk or sweetener.

Still figuring this out, but slowly adding to cupboard. I rate when a package is finished as I’m deciding whether to reorder.

I think of my ratings as letter grades.
90-100 A: loved it; want to rebuy immediately so I have it on hand
80-89 B: tasty; would pick it up again but okay to wait until I get through other teas
70-79 C: good; could grab with a good deal
60-69 D: okay; would keep in a set but may not repurchase on its own
0-59 F: various shades of bad; would not purchase; closer to 0 means may not even drink again if offered