drank Cleanse by Teapigs

“Calm” and “energy” may be pet peeve tea names, but nothing raises my hackles as much as something labeled “cleanse”.

The scent reminds me of teas labeled “sleep”, which I can generally tolerate even if I don’t enjoy them. The lemongrass is prominent in scent and flavor, and I did feel like I was getting ginger in the beginning of the sip. The aftertaste is the worst part, because it feels like a coconut film on my tongue. I hate coconut (only moderately less than I hate the “cleanse” concept).

It’s probably better than celery juice (anyone else in love with Maintenance Phase?) as far as cleanses go, but as far as tea goes, this did not work for me.

teapigs advent, day 12

Shae

I agree. If it has Cleanse or Detox in the title it’s almost certainly going to taste awful. I try to steer clear of those if I can help it. I did go through a celery juice phase for about two days but that was all I could handle.

Comments

Shae

Early 30s mom of 2 (ages 7 & 1) and lecturer in California.
Great at buying tea, good at drinking tea, bad at timely reviews. Drawn to fruit, floral, spice, and flavored teas in general; prefer those that stand well without milk or sweetener.

Still figuring this out, but slowly adding to cupboard. I rate when a package is finished as I’m deciding whether to reorder.

I think of my ratings as letter grades.
90-100 A: loved it; want to rebuy immediately so I have it on hand
80-89 B: tasty; would pick it up again but okay to wait until I get through other teas
70-79 C: good; could grab with a good deal
60-69 D: okay; would keep in a set but may not repurchase on its own
0-59 F: various shades of bad; would not purchase; closer to 0 means may not even drink again if offered