Turmeric Rocket

Yerba maté Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

1 Tasting Note View all

From Zappyo

3…2…1… BLAST OFF! Launch yourself into outer space aboard this sweet and zingy turmeric rocket. A true blast of flavour.

Ingredients:
Green Yerba Mate + Ginger, Turmeric root, Carrot, Beet, Pineapple, Calendula Petals, Natural flavours (organic compliant).

About Zappyo View company

1 Tasting Note

Cold Brew!

Of the teas from Zappyo, this is the one that I fully expected to like the least. However, sometimes the universe surprises you because,in actuality, this is probably my favourite blend from Zappyo’s assortment (I have one left to try, though)! It’s funny how that works sometimes. It’s a huge part of the reason I still like to try things that don’t seem up my alley, though…

What I expected was that this would be far too much turmeric and it would either taste spicy or earthy in a way that was unpleasant to me. Instead, it has aspect which remind me of my favourite parts of DT’s Turmeric Glow! It’s mild, and very natural tasting with just a tiny bit of spiciness – but mostly it’s sweet and earthy. Earthy from the turmeric, but more so the mate itself and the additions of beet and carrot. I actually personally like both beets and carrots in blends. It can be a fine line between too much of them though – we’re not drinking stock after all! However, when you get it right that sweetness is so particular and mixed with the earthy notes it really make you feel fresh, like you’re standing in a vegetable garden on a pleasant summer afternoon after a brief drizzle!

Best part for last though… pineapple!

It’s a light touch of pineapple – I don’t think anyone is going to be drinking this tea and thinking of Hawaiian cocktails. However, that little bit of fruity sweetness mixed with those fresh earthy notes is just perfection on a level I struggle to describe. It worked terrifically in Turmeric Glow, and it works terrifically here!