2019 Yunnan Sourcing "Golden Pig" Raw Pu-erh Tea Cake

Bulk
Edit tea info Last updated by Togo

1 Tasting Note View all

From Yunnan Sourcing

Our final 2019 production from Autumn harvested Lincang tea leaves! We blended several Lincang villages tea leaves to create this potent little cake that delivers a nice tea at a nice price!

A strong tea with nice cha qi and long lasting sweetness in the mouth and throat. Some bitterness and astringency as well gives this tea cake the needed fuel to transform and gain complexity with the passing years!

Net Weight: 100 grams per cake (7 cakes per bamboo leaf tong)
Harvest time: October 2019
Harvest Area: various villages in the Lincang Prefecture of Yunnan
Total Production amount: 150 kilograms

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

1 Tasting Note

Eek! This tea might be a little young for me still. I was hoping it’d be similar to YS’s Lucky Pig mini but it’s quite a bit more bitter. I tasted a little bit of sweetness and I think it’ll be something I like in a couple years but right now it’s not a favorite. I think Lucky Pig might be losing it’s bitterness faster because the tiny single serving tuo shape is aging faster than a cake. I do like Golden Pig’s size, though. The small cake is a good size for gifting or travel or if you think you want more than a sample but maybe not a giant cake of anything. I also really like that it’s double wrapped with a thin tissue paper type inner wrapper and a thicker outer wrapper. The tissue paper wrappers tend to tear too easily for my liking. And a double wrapper helps keep tea crumbs from escaping and gathering in the bottom of my tea boxes! Anyway, Golden Pig is more bitter than I enjoy right now but I think it has the potential to age into something I’ll think is really tasty. I’ll stash it into the raw pu-erh box and try to remember to check on it in a year or so to see how it’s changing.