Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy

Black Green Herbal Yerba maté Blend
Fruit Tree Flowers, Orange, Sweet, Fruity, Smooth, Citrus Fruits, Tangy, Citrusy, Pleasantly Sour
Tea Bag
High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Starfevre

• “Very nice and not too sweet unless you over-steep it in my opinion! It’s orangey without being overpowering and the black tea still comes through well. One of my favorites.” Read full tasting note
  • “TANGERINE TEA!?!? Do you mean orange juice? that was my initial reaction to seeing this on the shelf. I must admit I was hesitant to spend my precious 69 cents on this tea, yet curiosity...” Read full tasting note
  • “Steeped for 6 minutes, in 10oz of purified water, at a temperature just less than boiling (office hot water dispenser.) Dry smell is sweet, citrusy, and pleasant. Exactly what you might expect by...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m really enjoying this one, which I can’t say often for Yogi teas as a whole. It’s a nice, comforting cup. I’m a sucker for adaptogens so the ashwagandha in this excites me. The flavor is nice....” Read full tasting note

From Yogi Tea

This harmonizing and aromatic blend is designed to help energize and elevate your mood. An intriguing and delicious blend of Organic Assam Black and Green Maté in combination with Ashwagandha, Shankpushpi and Tulsi-herbs traditionally used to uplift the spirit- helps to provide energy and the natural support you need to positively influence your mood.* Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy combines sweet, floral Lotus Flower flavor with Tangerine flavor and Lemon Myrtle for a bright and spirited tea that’s sure to leave you smiling.

About Yogi Tea View company

Flavors: Fruit Tree Flowers, Orange, Sweet

180 °F / 82 °C 5 min, 0 sec 2 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

TANGERINE TEA!?!? Do you mean orange juice? that was my initial reaction to seeing this on the shelf. I must admit I was hesitant to spend my precious 69 cents on this tea, yet curiosity prevailed. Luckily I’m no cat, I’m a grown man regardless of whatever my father says. He doesn’t approve of my new found addiction to rating teas. In fact, there are few things I do that he does approve of. Maybe if you count me silently sitting in the living room. He still thinks I’m a kid. Typical. Im 6’2" 176 lbs and have facial hair but he still sees me as the kid that peed on mickey mouse at Disney World on my eighth birthday. I WASN’T SCARED OF THE MOUSE DAD. I JUST DRANK A LOT OF WATER. he’s always bugging me to get my life together, maybe I don’t want to go to pharmacy school. Maybe I hate studying biochemical engineer. Maybe school isn’t for me dad! Ever consider that!? Ali dropped out of high school and Reza didn’t go to college and they’re doing fine. You’re forcing me to live out your dream dad. Maybe I have different dreams. Maybe I dream of color, love, and life. I dream to be known, to be cherished, and loved. SOMETHING YOU NEVER HAD AND YOU’RE TAKING IT OUT ON ME! anyways the tea did in fact taste like watered-down hot orange juice. not bad. 7/10

Dry smell is sweet, citrusy, and pleasant. Exactly what you might expect by the description.

Bright, lovely-light, offering a bold but delicate feeling on the palate. A great deal of citrus fruit mixes with syrupy sweetness on the finish to bring the tangerine front and center.

Looking at the blend on the box, I feel this tea offers a great melding of Assam with herbaceous flavors while offering a great pick me up especially when compared to a weaker drip brew coffee or K-cup level of caffeine. That green tea extract packs a punch without negatively affecting the flavor whatsoever.
Since I used a tea for one set for this infusion, I will be experimenting with double infusion when two bags are used at a lower steep time.
I am also limited by the fact that my water source is just less than boiling.

Overall, I feel that this tea offers a tremendous value when it comes to a coffee replacement. It is a run of the mill mass-produced tea but with that comes the convenience of availability and low price. Would keep in my rotation to buy again! Especially compared to some other Yogi teas.

Flavors: Fruity, Smooth, Sweet

200 °F / 93 °C 6 min, 0 sec 2 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

The flavor is nice. I could see it being more tangerine than orange. I’m not sure if it’s the weather or if it’s just anxiety kicking in more than usual lately but I’ve been struggling with the positivity lately. Not that this one tea can fix everything, but I thought it couldn’t hurt.

Flavors: Citrus Fruits

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Well, it smells very tangerine-y and I hope it will taste as good. I didn’t notice the Stevia in the ingredient label or I probably wouldn’t have tried this but I’ve steeped it already so here goes.

Well, it is very sweet, but somehow still tasty! The tangerine is very present with a background of herbal things. I added some real sugar as is my wont and I think it overpowered the stevia taste I hate. This is a very interesting tea although I probably won’t have it again. Free tea bags FTW!

Flavors: Tangy

I really dig this one. Normally I avoid Yogi teas that have weird herbs that I’ve never heard of (shankhpushpi and ashwagandha… wut?) because I’m very careful with any medications, FDA approved or otherwise. But the ingredients list on this one, those two aforementioned ayurvedic remedies aside, was too diverse and interesting to pass up. Black tea, mate, green tea, lemon myrtle, tulsi, and lemongrass, all in one blend? I sort of see the rationale— black tea provides just the energy, and mate and green tea provide energy without jitters and soothe you. Lemon myrtle, tulsi, those two weird herbs, and lemongrass all promote a relaxed feeling. So I think the Yogi blenders were going for “relaxed but alert.”

You’d think this would result in a medicinal, sickly-sweet, nasty witch’s brew of herbal mush. But it doesn’t! It actually tastes like real tangerine somehow! They did a really awesome job blending it. Even the stevia is at the perfect level, and that’s saying something because stevia is usually a huge deal-breaker for me.

This tea is coming to me at the point in the year when I am just starting to feel the affects of S.A.D., so the timing is spot-on. I’ve been mediating with Headspace, taking Vitamin D supplements, and plan to start using my S.A.D. lamp again soon because the mornings are darker. But this tea is also helpful— I got cussed at by a customer yesterday and didn’t get half as upset about it as I normally do. I don’t think it was a placebo effect either because I had completely forgotten about drinking this tea until after I noticed my lack of anger and sadness.

Score 1 for the weird herbs that work, and 1 for the awesome, awesome taste!

Flavors: Citrusy, Pleasantly Sour, Sweet

A great tea to drink when you want a caffeine kick without having to drink coffee. Decent flavor — moderately intense tangerine notes. I prefer Yogi’s raspberry energy tea over this one, but it’s still a good caffeinated tea.