2021 Lesser Evils Minis

Pu'erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange
Boiling 7 g 2 oz / 70 ml

• “Okay Brain. We are going to start liking pu er. I know we didn’t before but it was mainly tummy’s fault. Tummy. You. Are. Fine. I filled you up. Just focus on the amazing flavors about to hit you....” Read full tasting note
  • “Grandpa Style! This is so dark and thick, but with a real creamy earthiness and brothy quality with semi-sweet fruitier undertones of fig jams and date spreads. Definitely a very easy going and...” Read full tasting note
  • “Medium intensity aroma. Smells earthy with a boiled milk note. Some dark fruits in the background. An element of wet clothes forgotten in the washing machine for many hours. Some dampness and...” Read full tasting note

From white2tea

Lesser Evils is a blend of our small batch shou Puer.

Densely layered with an inky depth and soothing body. The softer aromas will settle into a bouquet of sweet aroma. Complex and engaging flavor that won’t break the budget. Far and away the best quality and value combination in our 2021 shou Puer lineup.

Each mini is ~7g.

About white2tea View company

Okay Brain. We are going to start liking pu er. I know we didn’t before but it was mainly tummy’s fault. Tummy. You. Are. Fine. I filled you up. Just focus on the amazing flavors about to hit you. Oh, wait you’re full of acid. Nevermind. The aroma coming off of the rinses seems to be pretty typical for pu ers. Slightly fishy, mainly woody. The texture of my first sip is smooth with a soft malt-o-meal undertone and a lingering woodsy tone. Varnish as well. I grabbed a white gaiwan cup to experience the colors but I forgot to use it. It’s sitting right next to me. <.< Ooo wow. This sip was intensely wooded. Like you were suddenly thrown out of your carriage and rolled down a hill and ended up in a dank, overgrown deciduous forest. The tongue is becoming thick as is the liquid. Holy crap! BAM. It’s like a yaupon. Oh my word my palate is feeling overwhelmed. The aroma is like a historical house.

Grandpa Style!

This is so dark and thick, but with a real creamy earthiness and brothy quality with semi-sweet fruitier undertones of fig jams and date spreads. Definitely a very easy going and approachable ripe puerh but with still enough interest in the layered tasting notes to hold your attention while you sip and not just become a tea that fades into the background…

Tea Photo: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg4kYW0Opey/

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGcdvrZ-bqI

Medium intensity aroma. Smells earthy with a boiled milk note. Some dark fruits in the background. An element of wet clothes forgotten in the washing machine for many hours. Some dampness and spice-tingling.

Dark, earthy and thick (but at the same time watery?) with a pleasant bitter-sweetness, nice feedback when swallowing and very light cacao aftertaste.
Sweet molasses from the empty cup.

The aroma gets brighter with something in between fruity and floral. The liquor is surprisingly light and smooth even with a very high leaf/water ratio. There’s a light lingering cacao aftertaste in the throat. Qi feels relaxing.

Getting more of that bright fruity element in the liquor. Boiled milk aroma. The leaves are big and beautiful with less broken bits than more mass produced Shu.

I had to push it with a minute steeping to get the right intensity. I think within a year it’ll tighten up.
The liquor now is more pleasantly textured with some spice-tingling aftertaste.
Qi still feels quite focusing and grounding.

Weaker but still enjoyable. Slightly cooling mouthfeel.

15 minutes Steeping.
Still some flavour and body left. Cacao, milk, herbal.

Boiling 7 g 2 OZ / 70 ML