2020 Arbor Red

Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From white2tea

Old arbor large leaf varietal tea that is usually destined to be made in raw Puer, picked and processed in shaihong style tea with sun drying.

Arbor red is has an herbaceous fragrance and flavors that often border on medicinal. Sweetness underlies the complex flavors and heavy body of this tea. This is an enduring and heavy black tea best suited for a longer, gongfu style tea session.

Pressed in 2020. Each cake is 200g. The cakes are in bamboo tongs, with five cakes per tong.

About white2tea View company

Gongfu!

Happy (belated) international tea day, Steepster friends! This is the tea I chose to brew up a session of in honor of the day. I love the medicinal and herbaceous flavours of this richly woody hong cha with its spicy undertones & notes of syrupy raisins and black currants in the finish. Even though this was a lot fruitier and less medicinal that the year’s production I’m most familiar with (the 2018), Arbor Red never disappoints!

What tea did everyone else drink for International Tea Day?

Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPJPelyAsFN/

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdEe4x4f7g0

Leafhopper

I had a Jiangxi/Fujian 2020 Lapsang Souchong from Wuyi Origin, which I’ve yet to review. It was $6 for 25 g and is pretty decent.

Roswell Strange

Ooh, that sounds lovely!

Leafhopper

It was! It had lots of those sweet potato and honey flavours I associate with Lapsang Souchong.