2019 Dripd O'Bitters

Pu-erh Tea
Bitter, Camphor, Citrusy, Medicinal, Mushrooms, Spicy, Sweet, Thick, Wood, Cedar, Citrus, Citrus Zest, Earth, Malt, Pine, Tar
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Boiling 1 min, 0 sec 11 g 6 oz / 177 ml

• “I loved the viscous and colloidal mouthfeel; thick, medicinal and bitter taste; as well as the spicy and savoury aftertaste with its camphor, mushroom notes and a woody sweetness.” Read full tasting note
  • “Gongfu! Had an early evening tea session with this chenpi shou blend last week!! I steeped this bad boy out entirely while sitting outside – it was very Grey and drizzly outside, so this was the...” Read full tasting note
  • “I am a sucker for shou/citrus mixes, so the bias is here but I think that it is not just a pleasant tea but is also a stand-out in its class. The pu-erh is solid: mild, smooth, no fishiness. The...” Read full tasting note

From white2tea

The 2019 Dripd O’Bitters is a blend of shu Puer tea with well aged chenpi. We selected an aged production of chenpi to accentuate the medicinal, bitter qualities of the blend with an aroma of deep citrus. The result is a rich, smooth concoction of shu Puer tea and chenpi that is likely different from any tea you have ever tried.

Each cake is 200 grams.

About white2tea View company

Flavors: Bitter, Camphor, Citrusy, Medicinal, Mushrooms, Spicy, Sweet, Thick, Wood

12064 tasting notes

Gongfu!

Had an early evening tea session with this chenpi shou blend last week!! I steeped this bad boy out entirely while sitting outside – it was very Grey and drizzly outside, so this was the perfect tea for my mood!! It’s a SUPER thick and heavy liquor with robustly earthy and bitter flavours and a hint of a more medicinal and pithy tasting orange rind note; I’m loving it right now but I definitely think I’d need to be in the right mindset to appreciate it. That played into the #teatogethertuesday and #SeptemberSipdown prompt from the day, which asked if we gravitated towards specific teas/tisanes depending on our mood. I don’t think I really do this with flavoured teas, but I definitely find myself doing it with more traditional teas, like this one, though the weather & time of year also plays a BIG part in my tea selection as well…

Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFLOzc2A3lW/

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2WDdccgaDY&ab_channel=RainbowKittenSurprise

The pu-erh is solid: mild, smooth, no fishiness. The citrus certainly plays the leading role, though with clear notes of tar, pine needles and citrus zest. Some sweet maltiness in the background rounds it out.

Overall, it’s bracing, fresh and energizing, with a looong tarry aftertaste. This shou can stand to multiple steepings but could be fairly easily over-steeped.

Those who enjoy mild and the ever-changing complexity may find this tea too simplistic and overbearing, but I appreciate boldness and, unsurprisingly, liked this tea quite a bit.

Flavors: Citrus Zest, Earth, Malt, Pine, Sweet, Tar