Japan Okinawa Okumidoricha Sencha Green Tea

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves
Bitter, Butter, Corn Husk, Drying, Floral, Metallic, Nutty, Olive Oil, Salt, Seaweed, Smooth, Sweet, Warm Grass, Thick, Cut Grass, Earth, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by eastkyteaguy
160 °F / 71 °C 3 g 10 oz / 300 ml

• “I don’t want to say how great this sencha is for my preferences knowing there are only 25g bags left at What-Cha, but oh, look what I have done. What sets this apart from pretty much every sencha...” Read full tasting note

From What-Cha

A smooth sencha with a lovely sweet grassy taste, produced most interestingly on the northern tip of the island of Okinawa, whose teas are rarely exported.

Tasting Notes:
- A smoother than usual sencha
- Sweet grassy taste

- Use 1-2 teaspoons per cup/small teapot
- Brew for 60 seconds

Packaging: Resealable ziplock bag

About What-Cha View company

What sets this apart from pretty much every sencha I’ve had (which truthfully isn’t a lot because it’s not a preferred type of tea) is a very smooth and colloidal body with an oily, coating mouthfeel. I was not expecting that! It has a very light and dried flowers-sweet grassy-corn husk-nutty flavor with a deeper, wheatgrassy-seaweedy nuance, something to anchor the taste within that body. A gentle cooling finish. The tea doesn’t taste bitter but a mellow bitterness eventually surfaces throughout the mouth. Now at the bottom of my second bowl, my tongue tingles with a pleasant salty-metallic excitement!

This evening, with my first preparation of this tea (btw, all but the few chopped stems sinks), I am getting a drying catch in the throat, so I’ll have to use less leaf next time. Regardless, this is quite interesting, hefty and soothing. Being from Okinawa, I guess this tea is out of the normal range of sencha offered by most western-facing vendors. Worth a try!

Flavors: Bitter, Butter, Corn Husk, Drying, Floral, Metallic, Nutty, Olive Oil, Salt, Seaweed, Smooth, Sweet, Warm Grass, Thick

160 °F / 71 °C 3 g 10 OZ / 300 ML