Matcha Green Tea Powder

Green Tea
Powder/Instant
Edit tea info Last updated by ashmanra

• “This was a gift from a very sweet couple I know. They gave me lots of matcha and I have been sharing that love because there is no way I can drink all this by myself before date. My neighbor who is...” Read full tasting note

From wei-chuan

Product description not available yet.

About wei-chuan View company

My neighbor who is just getting into tea was visiting. I have shared a different matcha with her already and will be giving her some of this one when her tin is empty, but I wanted her to see the difference between really good matcha and culinary. We compared the color and fineness of this one with Harney’s top grade, the extra thick, as they call it.

This one is dusty army green and Harney’s was brilliant verdant green. Harney’s powder also appeared to be a much finer grind.

But she and her husband are drinking matcha for health benefits and they just shake it up in a jar and drink a bit cold each morning. They love it!

That’s the treatment I gave this tea today. One teaspoon shaken in a mason jar with fifteen ounces water and two ice cubes. I then poured three ounces of that, three ounces of unsweetened coconut milk, and a tiny dribble of maple syrup in a small glass and gave it a stir.

Prepared this way, it makes a tasty mid-morning drink for a little extra energy and hopefully some antioxidants.