Imperial Muscatel Darjeeling Second Flush Black Tea

Muscatel, Floral, Fruity
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by breeteas

• “Just received this from Vahdam over the weekend and was excited to try it. Brewed western style for just over four minutes. The flavor was okay — nothing special. There’s a slight muscatel flavor...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a black tea that I don’t think I’ve had before today. The tea is delicious with a fruity and floral taste, I found it quite enjoyable. I steeped the leaves twice, the second cup tasted a...” Read full tasting note

From Vahdam Teas

The light amber coloured brew is laden with fruity and floral notes. Savour the long caramelized notes at the heart of each sip with a soft and sweet floral to woody dry finish of the cup. What truly sets this tea apart is the variety of flavours that have balanced to perfection in the cup. It has all the sweet summer magic in its heart with the hints of a tropical sunshine in its colour.

About Vahdam Teas View company

The flavor was okay — nothing special. There’s a slight muscatel flavor to it — nothing further. I expected more, based on the price they are asking for it.

I haven’t been impressed with teas from Vahdam lately and this is an example of why. They started off delivering wonderful teas about 4-5 years ago, but recent shipments just haven’t had the same quality, IMO.

I’ll finish this off but won’t order it again. I’ll try blending this with another Darjeeling to see if I can enhance the flavor a bit.

Date of Picking: July, 2020

Flavors: Muscatel

200 °F / 93 °C 4 min, 15 sec 6 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

This is a black tea that I don’t think I’ve had before today.

The tea is delicious with a fruity and floral taste, I found it quite enjoyable. I steeped the leaves twice, the second cup tasted a bit better than the first.

Flavors: Floral, Fruity