See my full review on Sororitea Sisters:
Flavors: Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Floral, Red Wine, Tannin
“See my full review on Sororitea Sisters: http://sororiteasisters.com/2017/06/16/himalayan-musky-thunder-from-terrior-teas/” Read full tasting note
“From my mom’s vacation haul/BC trip. I was really impressed with the first tea I tried from this company, so I was feeling pretty optimistic about this one too. It’s one I specifically requested...” Read full tasting note
With qualities of a black tea and no astringency, this strip style dark oolong is surprisingly light and full of flavour.
Chocolate, wine, malt and musk
Second flush, Camellia sinensis var sinensis
Partially oxidized, hand rolled
915 to 1500 metres
Company description not available.
Himalayan Thunder Hand-Rolled BlackStash Tea Company
Himalayan Red Thunder (Autumn) Darjeeling Oolong TeaTeabox
Morning ThunderCelestial Seasonings
White ThunderInternational Tea Importers
Doke Rolling Thunder - LochanTealet
From my mom’s vacation haul/BC trip.
I was really impressed with the first tea I tried from this company, so I was feeling pretty optimistic about this one too. It’s one I specifically requested because I’m always stoked to try something else from Nepal, and the description on the website certainly sounded appealing. While I do want to Gong Fu this I started with a Western brew because that’s actually what the recommended way to brew this one was on the package.
- This was fucking DELICIOUS; insanely so!
- Dry leaf smells like straight up chocolate and dark rye; yummy!
- You know it’s good when you set your mug down to get something from the other room
- …and come back only to find your mother stealing sips from the mug
- Really nuanced, but overall thick mouthfeel and full bodied flavour
- Super smooth/silky with a light roast
- Top notes of: honey, caramel, malt, rye bread, baker’s chocolate
- Body notes of: cinnamon, French bread, malt, honey, light cocoa
- Finish: sweeter with fruity undertones such as dark cherries or even plums
- This finishing note is likely the “wine” described by the vendor
- Honestly the best Nepalese tea I’ve had to date
I’ve really liked a lot of the teas that my mom brought back for me, but thus far this one might just be my favourite. It’s seriously really fucking good.