Valentine Breakfast

Assam Tea, Black Tea, Calendula Petals, Cinnamon, Flavouring, Rose Hips, Rose Petals, Sugar Crystals, Sugar Sprinkles
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Lexie Aleah
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “This tea came in my first Tea Runner’s February 2021 Classic Subscription Box that was a gift from a family member. This one is somewhat underwhelming it’s not what I was expecting it to be. The...” Read full tasting note
  • “A coworker gave me a bunch of teas from Tea Runners this week that she didn’t want, so I’ve been trying my way through some of them over the course of the week. I’ve got a handful of teas from Tea...” Read full tasting note

From Tea Runners

Ingredients: Black tea (assam), rose petals, Calendula petals, rose hips, Valentine sprinkles (cinnamon, sugar), natural flavoring.
Origin: Multiple Origin Blend

Nothing says Valentine’s Day like a luscious and smooth as silk organic black tea mixed with rose hips. Calendula petals infuse a golden color to the tea leaves after steeping, as well as imbuing healthy and powerful antioxidants to this strong but sweet blend.

About Tea Runners View company

This one is somewhat underwhelming it’s not what I was expecting it to be. The name and description of the tea don’t really fit the tea itself.
It just tastes like a nice and smooth malty assam. Similar to that of Steven Smith’s black tea offerings. While the dry leaf does have some pretty rose petals, and rose hips added it doesn’t come through in the flavor. According to the website there are also supposed to be some heart-shaped sprinkles but I dug around in the pouch and didn’t find any. I don’t think that would necessarily change the flavor though. It’s a nice black tea if a bit simple but not something that makes me think of Valentine’s Day. It’ll be nice to have another plain black tea to drink in the mornings.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

A coworker gave me a bunch of teas from Tea Runners this week that she didn’t want, so I’ve been trying my way through some of them over the course of the week. I’ve got a handful of teas from Tea Runners from a group order with VariaTEA but this has really been my first exposure to their flavoured teas and blends…

I like the idea of this one a lot – a bold breakfast style black tea with a subtle flavour addition sounds nice! There’s roses in the blend, which I’m into, and even a few cinnamon heart candies scattered sparsely throughout. The taste though!? Underwhelming – to put it sharply. The black tea itself isn’t actually bad, though it’s not exciting either, but there’s really just no flavour to the cup – and while I wasn’t expecting a lot I was expecting some. It’s just a touch sweet, and maybe a fleeting hint of cinnamon in the top of the sip. Sadly this just felt flat.