Glazed Lemon Loaf

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Apple, Chamomile, Ginger, Green Rooibos, Licorice Root, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Rose Petals
Cake, Frosting, Lemon, Sweet, Tart, Vanilla, Butter, Citrusy, Creamy, Pastries, Sugar, Tangy, Floral, Citrus, Ginger, Lemon Zest, Cream
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita

• “How does this actually smell like cake?! And taste like vanilla frosting?? I’ve heard a lot about this tea, and I’ve been looking forward to trying it since Michelle sent a bag in her tea box. ...” Read full tasting note
  • “Water: 8oz Leaves: Tea Bag Steep: 5m Aroma: Sweet, glazed doughnut/pound cake Color: Golden yellow Clarity: Cloudy Taste: I was excited when I saw this tea on amazon fresh, the name of it alone...” Read full tasting note
  • “#tiffanys2021sipdown Tea #132 overall / Tea #3 for April Thursday 4/01/21 — Tazo Lemon Loaf—2 teabags from unknown date. I’m basically a loose-leaf tea snob at this point (been drinking tea for...” Read full tasting note
  • “After browsing and drooling over all of your lovely, elegant, and well-thought-out reviews of Theodor and Dammann Freres delicacies, I’ll just drag the sophistication level back down to Midwest...” Read full tasting note

From Tazo

An enticing herbal infusion with notes of bright lemon & creamy vanilla.

Ingredients: Apple, natural flavors, green rooibos, orange peel, chamomile, rose petals, licorice root, ginger

Steeping Information: Bring fresh, filtered water to a boil (212°F). Pour 8 fl oz water over the filterbag in your cup. Sit tight 3 min until steeping is done. Delicious tea is on the way.

About Tazo View company

How does this actually smell like cake?! And taste like vanilla frosting?? I’ve heard a lot about this tea, and I’ve been looking forward to trying it since Michelle sent a bag in her tea box. If I weren’t selfish, I would have let James have it since he loves lemon and herbals. Instead, I let him smell the inside of the tea wrapper after I drank it. Yeah, I’m not exactly winning any awards for wife of the year. Oh well.

I added some cream for World Milk Day and it really seems to bring out more of the lemon flavor. That surprised me. I would have thought it would encourage the creamy frosting to shine, but it didn’t. I have to give this one a good rating, if only for the fact that Tazo nailed the flavor here. But I also really, really liked it.

I almost forgot – Happy Pride, everyone! <3

Flavors: Cake, Frosting, Lemon, Sweet, Tart, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 6 OZ / 177 ML
Mastress Alita

I am always amazed at how good this tea is, no matter how it is prepared.

ashmanra

I laughed til I nearly cried when you said you let him smell the inside of the tea wrapper AFTER you drank it!

gmathis

OHH! Milk! I have got to try that!

Shae

@Mastress Alita – I’ve only tried it this once, but I’m planning to buy a box. I’ll have to read some of the other notes again to find some new ways to try it. I feel like it would be really good if I dropped a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream in it, but maybe that’s too much…
@ashmanra – I probably wouldn’t feel too bad about it except that when he smelled it his eyes flew open in obvious excitement. This is one of those rare blends we both like.
@gmathis – I wouldn’t have normally thought of milk with the lemon, except I noticed in another note that someone had tried it and loved it. It was really good this way!

Water: 8oz

Leaves: Tea Bag

Steep: 5m

Aroma: Sweet, glazed doughnut/pound cake

Color: Golden yellow

Clarity: Cloudy

Taste: I was excited when I saw this tea on amazon fresh, the name of it alone drew me in so I added it to my cart. Today I made 2 cups of it using a different method. I didn’t dunk my tea bag as I normally would it came after the steep & the 2nd time I did the dunking before a full steeping. Although the tea has a great aroma it has no flavor/taste only a hint of tang, which I found to be disappointing. Overall, I don’t think I’ll be making another cup or I might try it with some sweetener.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

#tiffanys2021sipdown Tea #132 overall / Tea #3 for April

Thursday 4/01/21 — Tazo Lemon Loaf—2 teabags from unknown date. I’m basically a loose-leaf tea snob at this point (been drinking tea for almost 5 years now) but I’ll try anything sachets, teabags, bottled drinks, in store/cafe bubble teas/specialty tea drinks, etc… Anywho I’ve been trying to find this tea for a long time. I kept trying to get it 1.5 years ago with my Instacart coupons and then again, a few months ago when they sent me some free $$ again… and my order would be refunded/out of stock every time. sad face I recently got 4 boxes (still from Instacart from a Kroger) so I’m going to use these 2 teabags from who knows when to brew something hot & plain (20 oz trusty DT dark blue tumbler) to have tonight between my 7.5-hour shift tonight, eight hours of rest in between, and then 14.5 hour shift tomorrow. :) — NOTE It wasn’t as tasty as I thought, hopefully it was worth buying four boxes $3.99 each. If not, eh, I’ve spent more money on worse (to me) tea.

#tiffanydrinkstea #tiffanys2021 #tiffanysfaves #tiffanyinthe614 #tiffanysteasipdown #sipdownchallenge

Michelle

You could try 3 bags for 20 oz and for at least 10 minutes. I like this tea, but it never does well with too much water or short steep times.

Martin Bednář

Uhh, 14.5 hour shift. I did that only once. I was never that exhausted!

Tiffany :)

Thanks for the tip Michelle, I’ll try this next time when I open one of the boxes I just got!

Martin — Eh, I think the longest shift I’ve worked was 20 hours? I’m at a hotel so normally I work 7-9 hours per shift but it has varied especially in past year or so with small team and COVID.

ashmanra

I used to do 16 hour shifts on election days. Not fun. Up at four, arrive at five to set up, open at six, close at 7 pm, count and pack and return all items to main office. Thankfully it happened at most three times a year, if we had a primary, a run off, and a general election.

After browsing and drooling over all of your lovely, elegant, and well-thought-out reviews of Theodor and Dammann Freres delicacies, I’ll just drag the sophistication level back down to Midwest redneck ;) I love this stuff a little more each time I drink it, I need to stop at Target to snag some more, and tonight I put marshmallows in it. It tasted like a lemon cupcake. ’Nuff said.

AJRimmer

This might be my favorite lemon tea! I also need a new box!

I love this one!

Roswell Strange

I liked this one a lot too, but the Butterscotch Blondie from this same Tazo line might be one of the most mind blowing bagged teas I’ve ever had – that one is a serious guilty pleasure for me!

Lexie Aleah

The Butterscotch one I can’t find anywhere now :/ I’ve looked in stores near me and online.

ashmanra

Marshmallows! You are a genuis!

Mastress Alita

Same with me and the Butterscotch, Lexie.

Inkling

I love this one too! Never tried it with marshmallows, though…I may have to steal that idea. :)

gmathis

Well, now I’ll have to revisit Butterscotch Blondie…I think my initial review was positive, but the few bags I have left haven’t even been on the radar.

Day 18 of Sara’s Old Tea! Part 3 of 6

Swimming teabag in boiling water.

Oh man, this one smells amazing. I can smell lemon icing on some kind of spice cake.

Tastes like a delicious lemon cake! It’s really good. I may have to stock some of this in my cupboard. Thanks. :)

Flavors: Cake, Lemon

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Mastress Alita

My local Freddies stopped carrying all the other Tazo dessert teas… except that one. And while I kinda miss Butterscotch Blondie, I’m just so thankful they kept this one cause I’m not sure what I’d do without it as a cupboard staple!

Todd

Oh, I can try to find you some Butterscotch Blondie next time I send you something.

I received my Christmas advent calendar early this year – I must admit, I peeked for the first day a few days after I got it trying to figure out if it was a tea bag or loose leaf tea that I was feeling, but I did wait until December first to drink it! :) I found this tea on vacation awhile ago, and enjoyed it, but hadn’t been able to find it again, so this was a nice thing to open! It’s like a vanilla lemon cake – a sweet lemon, not a sour one. I love Tazo teas!

Shae

Well now! Sneaky, sneaky. :D I always hear good things about this one. I really should make a point to pick up a box next time I’m at the store.

ashmanra

I found this at Publix a few years ago and bought it. Pretty good!

This tea smells exactly right and tastes very pleasant. It is not sweet, but it does leave the aftertaste of pound cake.

This is really good!
I first tried 1 bag in 6oz, steeped for about 5 minutes.
It smelled EXACTLY like lemon cake-and tasted good, but not really cake like. Just smelling the nearby teabag made me SO HUNGRY though…and a rumbly belly isn’t the best when it’s bedtime. It was also good with a little honey, but again not quite cake.

Tonight I tried two bags in 8oz, also steeped for 5 minutes. Same yummy smell-added 1/2 tsp of sugar and was honestly surprised by how cake like it suddenly tasted! Like, exactly like lemon cake! I then added a tiny bit of milk, but I’d skip it next time since it took a bit of the flavor down. Some benefiber, however, seemed to help it feel more satisfying, adding to the “cake” effect (without changing the flavor or texture) so I was left actually relaxed & not hungry like last time.

And now I’m super sleepy. Long day, nummy drink. I think I’m gonna go to bed early.

Flavors: Butter, Cake, Citrusy, Creamy, Lemon, Pastries, Sugar, Sweet, Tangy

Boiling

Tazo has become my go-to brand for bagged tea and this one didn’t let me down! I don’t usually like herbal blends that contain chamomile, but I don’t taste it all in this blend. Instead, it has a delightfully natural-tasting lemon flavor with hints of vanilla. A lovely bedtime treat!

Flavors: Lemon, Vanilla

gmathis

I really like this one as well. Thank you for reminding me I need to go get some. Because I don’t have enough tea :)

Inkling

Is there such a thing as “enough tea”? ;)

This herbal tea is pretty great. The vanilla really sells the cakey lemon loaf flavour. I can taste a lot of fresh lemon but it isn’t overly acidic or sour (and none of that bitter dried lemon rind nonsense). This makes a great hot tea with milk but I’ve just finished a coldbrewed cup and I enjoy it iced/cold as well.

Lexie Aleah