Christmas In Paris

Herbal Tea
Chocolate Flavor, Lavender, Peppermint
Almond, Caramel, Cherry Wood, Cocoa, Chocolate, Lavender, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Mint, Floral, Rooibos
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by chuzzled

2 Images

From Stash Tea Company

This unique herbal tea blends chocolate flavors with aromatic lavender and cool peppermint for a sophisticated cup. Add a touch of sugar and a splash of milk for a delightful dessert tea.

About Stash Tea Company View company

0.65 tbsp from 1 pre-prepared teabag for 188 ml of water

Good flavour combination. Thin mouth-feel. Peppermint flavour at the forefront with trailing mild cocoa flavour. Hint of lavender. I think the vanilla gives it a bit of a sweetness but the actual flavour is difficult to detect.

I wanted something Chocolate-y tonight and this was pretty much all I had. Not quite what I wanted but I do like this one! It’s a lovely night time tea. Very creamy with some mint and lavender. I’ve been meaning to work on finishing up the box of this anyway.

Boiling 8 min or more 10 OZ / 295 ML
gmathis

I just finished a cup this evening! Creamy is a good description, and now you’ve made me wonder how well it would take milk. (Note to self … )

I’ve tried this a couple of times, and I’m just not a fan. The lavender just comes across as something strangely synthetic, and doesn’t positively contribute to the mint and chocolate (which is also a bit artificial tasting).

This is tea 14/50 I bought in a Stash Assortment. Delightful scent of chocolate and mint. Flavor is lacking.

8 min or more

Really surprised this hasn’t been reviewed more recently here on Steepster. I wonder if this doesn’t get as much interest because of the Christmas name. That would be too bad because there’s really not much about the cup that speaks treacly holidays. And wow, this makes a delicious cup of tea! Also makes me appreciate all the positive reviews for this tea here on Steepster — as they influenced me into adding it to my latest order from Stash. I was intrigued by the combination of ingredients as I’m always on the lookout for a good herbal departure from the usual suspects of the peppermint, ginger, chamomile variety. I’ve already brewed up a number of pots and it’s always delighted. Even my husband loves the blend! It has a lovely steeping color too. As it’s one of their annual seasonal tea blends I was especially grateful for the 7-year-old review that warned me to purchase more than one box as I look forward to enjoying this past the holidays. Everything seems very well balanced and quite pleasurable for the last night’s cup. I only wish they would offer this in loose leaf and change the name so they could offer it year round.

Flavors: Almond, Caramel, Cherry Wood, Cocoa

I bought this while grocery shopping, and it was on an endcap. I had never seen lavender tea before, and was nervous to try it, not sure if it sounded good or gross – I ended up buying another box once I tried it – it ended up being one of mine and my roommates favorite tea to wind down with on the couch and watch girly television. Christmas in Paris opened up a whole new window of trying lavender teas and getting excited when I see them!

Flavors: Chocolate, Lavender

EstrafaDC

Thanks for this review. I ordered a few boxes based on your review and we’ve really been enjoying it. I’m planning on sending out a few samples to friends.

There’s some interesting alchemy going on with this one. I sipped my first cup bag-in. My weary senses (it was a l—o-o-o-o-oo-ng day at work) picked things up in this order: peppermint, then chocolate, then yep—the crazy little lavender lilt at the end. I kept thinking how good it would be paired with a box of Russell Stover chocolate creams.

1 bag for 250mL water @100C, steeped 7 minutes, drunk bare.

I didn’t expect to like this one so much. The description on the packaging doesn’t do it justice. With a decently long steep — I find tisanes need that — you get a thick and creamy mouthfeel, loads of cocoa and mint in the scent, less so in the taste, and a subtle finish of lavender. It was the lavender that’s made me hesitate all these years, but I’m glad I finally tried this one today.

Aa ever with the tisanes and some blends, Stash knocks it out of the park. I find this as satisfying, and certainly more relaxing, as a good mint hot chocolate. Really impressed.

gmathis

Cocoa and lavender? There’s a combo I would have never thunk up on my own!

Michelle Butler Hallett

Ditto. And I’m really surprised. The balance is excellent.

I’m trying to drink more tisanes, but I find it hard to get free of endless hibiscus in everything — bleah — or stale and woody rooibos — also blah. So this is a delight.

gmathis

Or lemony minty stuff. Not that I mind that combo, either, but it’s used a lot.

gmathis

My husband (you’ve heard me use his nickname—The Enabler) just brought home a box. Looking forward to giving it a try.

I was not expecting to like this tea much – I’m not a great fan of herbals, and the description of chocolate was not doing my impression any favors. But I was pleasantly surprised. The chocolate made it feel a bit like black tea in how my mind processed it. Rich flavors, warming, and very enjoyable.

Earlier today I was seething inside about how every company out there is pushing Christmas so hard already, and how everyone needs to chill the eff out, and then I went and saw this in the story and bought it. Hypocrite much? (Maybe, but likely not).

I took the time to update my cupboard here and sift through what I have. Sorted my iced teas and herbals into grab bags I can poke into when I’m in the mood, and left my caffeinated blends out in easy reach – I don’t have enough! I think at least half my stash is either herbal or meant for iced tea. I barely have any pure black teas and only a handful of blends. O.O But before I get carried away I’m going to sip away and get into a groove with tea again – cut back on the coffee and make more tea at work. The tea press helps because my office doesn’t have easy access to a sink to wash leaves etc.

Anyway this is an okay tea. I was curious about how lavender and chocolate would work, but it does? Both flavours feature prominently but balance out. I’ll probably pawn most of these bags on my child, but ocassionally this might make a nice way to end the evening.