Maple Apple Cider

Rooibos Tea
Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Natural Flavours, Rooibos
Apple, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Green Apple, Hibiscus, Maple, Oats, Pastries, Sweet, Tart, Wood, Maple Syrup, Rooibos, Mineral, Cedar, Nutmeg, Sap, Caramel
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 12 oz / 355 ml

2 Images

• “Sipdown #24 The dry leaf aroma is interesting because I feel like I can smell every ingredient in the list: sickly sweet rooibos, maple, caramel, apple, cinnamon, and nutmeg. I didn’t realize this...” Read full tasting note
  • “I received a sample of this from MirandaGou in our swap. Thank you! I had this today at work. I somehow missed the maple apple part. When I was sipping it I kept thinking man this taste a little...” Read full tasting note
  • “Bought this one on a whim at the grocery store, the flavor combination sounded too good to pass up, and I’ve been enjoying rooibos blends lately. Pleasantly surprised that the teabags inside the...” Read full tasting note
  • “This was part of a package sent by a friend. It sounded so good! Didn’t enjoy it much. It smelled okay. I could smell the maple and the apple, and I thought it would be a nice after supper tea to...” Read full tasting note

From Stash Tea Company

If fall is your favorite season, prepare for this blend to become your new go-to herbal tea. These tea bags are packed with cinnamon along with the natural flavors of tart fresh apple, sweetened with a hint of maple syrup flavor. These fall flavors combine with smooth rooibos to create a cheerful and warming tea that transports you back to the moment you stepped off the chilly hayride at a pumpkin patch and your mom handed you a warm apple cider… The next thing you know, you and this apple cider tea are living apple-y ever after.

What is rooibos? Rooibos (say it like ROY-boss), or red tea is an indigenous herb of South Africa that is made from the fine needle-like leaves of the Aspalathus linearis plant. When the leaves are cut, bruised and oxidized, they become a reddish brown color, explaining why it was named rooibos or “red bush”. The outcome of the process leaves us with a smooth, gentle, earthy flavor that pairs easily with a variety of ingredients. This makes it an ideal base for many caffeine-free tisanes.

Rooibos, hibiscus, cinnamon, natural maple flavor, natural apple flavor, natural caramel flavor

Steeping Instructions
3-5 minutes at 190-209 degrees Fahrenheit

About Stash Tea Company View company

Sipdown #24

The dry leaf aroma is interesting because I feel like I can smell every ingredient in the list: sickly sweet rooibos, maple, caramel, apple, cinnamon, and nutmeg. I didn’t realize this tea was a rooibos blend when I picked up a sample teabag. I’m not really a fan of its medicinal taste. But I’m willing to give it another chance!

The flavor is VERY strongly rooibos. The apple and maple notes are about equal. The cinnamon and nutmeg are surprisingly absent. If apple cider and rooibos tea had a kid, this cup is what that kid would taste like. Okay, that came off a little more cannibalistic than I had intended. :P

If you love rooibos, this is probably a stellar tea for you! But I’m sadly still not a fan of this red bush tea. So feel free to ignore my low rating and grab a sample of this to see for yourself!

I received a sample of this from MirandaGou in our swap. Thank you!

I had this today at work. I somehow missed the maple apple part. When I was sipping it I kept thinking man this taste a little nutty. Although nutty doesn’t really hint at the maple. This was nice. Very juicy Not something I need to drink again, but I was glad I got to try it. Thank you!

Bought this one on a whim at the grocery store, the flavor combination sounded too good to pass up, and I’ve been enjoying rooibos blends lately. Pleasantly surprised that the teabags inside the box are individually wrapped!

I was a little worried looking at the ingredients because of the hibiscus, and I saw quite a bit of pinkish red coming out of the bag while it was steeping.

Luckily, the hibiscus doesn’t take over here. If anything, it supplements the somewhat tart apply flavor that is the star. I also get quite a bit of sweet maple, which the tartness also tempers nicely and keeps from being cloying. It’s not the most natural-tasting maple in the world, but honestly I’m not bothered by it. It reminds me a bit of maple brown sugar instant oatmeal, which I’ve enjoyed in the past.

I do get a tad bit of cinnamon, and a lovely oat-y pastry note, I assume from the rooibos? So for me, this comes off as a slighty tarter apple crumble, with cinnamon and oats from the crumble topping.

I’m very happy with this, especially for the price and convenience of a teabag. And the fact that they’re individually wrapped is an added bonus.

Flavors: Apple, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Green Apple, Hibiscus, Maple, Oats, Pastries, Sweet, Tart, Wood

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
gmathis

I’ve had this one and liked it. Stash doesn’t get much attention from me these days; but in my earliest Steepster phase, I considered Stash and Republic of Tea to be the IT things :)

This was part of a package sent by a friend. It sounded so good! Didn’t enjoy it much. It smelled okay. I could smell the maple and the apple, and I thought it would be a nice after supper tea to enjoy while I knitted. But the flavor was flat. There just wasn’t anything super appealing about it. Maybe it was old. it is not one I will go out of my way to have again.

Ever forget you had a box of tea shoved in the back of the cabinet? No, surely not you.

I rediscovered this last night, then immediately left to oversteep while I was cat wrangling (they have an evening monkey hour and engage in all kinds of mischief). I don’t generally add milk to fruity teas, but I did, and it was delicious. Apple pie a la mode.

The smell of maple was overwhelming (almost sickening) and only aromatic, I didn’t taste much maple in the tea. Overall it wasn’t very good. I’ll be giving the rest of it away.

Flavors: Apple, Maple

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

Woody, sweet rooibos base. Flavours of maple syrup, brown sugar, green apple, cinnamon/mulling spice, wood.

Flavors: Apple, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Maple, Maple Syrup, Mineral, Rooibos, Sweet, Wood

It’s like tea made of cinnamon apple oatmeal. So good!!

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Maple Syrup

200 °F / 93 °C 2 min, 30 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML

Very bad flavour, the maple seemed artificial and none of the flavours seemed to blend together. Being a Canadian, I was expecting this to be a lot more tasty than what it was. I expect more out of you Stash Tea Company ;)

One of a few teas in my Mom’s tea cupboard that actually relatively interested me, so I stole a couple of the teabags from the cupboard and made one to drink with lunch.

This had a fancier box than other Stash teas I’ve seen, and it’s not one we carry at my store (and we carry a lot of Stash teas) so I’m wondering if, based on the flavour, this was a seasonal/Christmas blend? There’s really no smell to the dry teabag; if I concentrate maybe a little apple. It’s very weak though; I hope the tea itself has more flavour.

Sipping on it now; and there definitely is more flavour than what the dry leaf led me to believe. It really does taste like apple cider; good apple cider too! Just the right balance of sweet, tart, and spice. And speaking of that spice, there’s obviously cinnamon but the nutmeg in here is a really nice touch too. That’s the first wave of flavour but then it eases a little into the maple; it’s a little raw and unrefined tasting with a sappy quality. A like it! It makes the cup sweet and layered, and I like that this one doesn’t feel completely put together, with the ’T’s crossed and ’I’s dotted. Sometimes a little reliable inconsistency makes a tea good. If that makes any sense at all.

There are also a few other interesting notes here; I’m picking woody-cedar like notes too! Maybe it’s a trick of the mind because of the raw, sappy maple or maybe part of it is from the rooibos – but it’s very enjoyable regardless. Actually, now that I think of it the more I’m sure it’s from the rooibos. I love how natural and earthy this tea tastes though; for once the wood like quality is contributing something that enhances the tea flavourings!

There’s surprisingly a lot going on with this tea bag. Colour me quite impressed!

Flavors: Apple, Cedar, Cinnamon, Maple, Maple Syrup, Nutmeg, Sap, Wood

rosebudmelissa

Interesting. I didn’t like this one at all. I much preferred their cinnamon apple chamomile. I think it was mostly the Rooibos in this blend that I didn’t like.