Henry David Thoreau's Herbal Tisane Blend

Fruit Herbal Blend
Cinnamon, Herbs, Medicinal
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• “Backlogged Advent Note Homemade Advent Day 18 from AJRImmer This one was a nice herbal tea and reminds me a lot of one that my mom blends for me. It’s best with a little sweetener and milk to help...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve had this a bunch of times now and always struggle to describe it. The flavor is pretty herbal/savory, but pleasant. It’s fresh tasting, but I don’t find myself reaching for it very frequently....” Read full tasting note

From Simpson & Vail

Henry David Thoreau was an American naturalist, philosopher, essayist and poet who is best known for his book Walden. Born in 1817 in Concord, Massachusetts, Thoreau was influenced through his studies at Harvard as well as his association with learned thinkers like Ralph Waldo Emerson, Margaret Fuller, Bronson Alcott, Ellery Channing and Nathaniel Hawthorne.

Encouraged by Channing in 1845 to “Go out upon that, build yourself a hut & there begin the grand process of devouring yourself alive.” Thoreau built a house on the shores of Walden Pond, land owned by Emerson, where he would spend the next two years. His time there produced a number of writings, one of which is his famous book entitled Walden which reflects, among other things, upon nature, simple living and self-sufficiency.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” -Henry David Thoreau

Thoreau’s interest in nature and botany has been immortalized in his many notebooks that produced essays such as “Autumnal Tints” and “Wild Apples”. While Thoreau himself was not a tea (camellia sinensis) drinker, there are references to him drinking “teas” made from herbs he gathered in nature. Our inspiration for this all herbal blend came from these extensive writings.

Imagine sitting at Walden Pond enjoying a quiet, peaceful moment with a cup of this caffeine free tea. The vibrant herbal blend has a fresh garden aroma that brews to a delightful red color. The cup imparts a mint and rose floral aroma and a taste that is slightly tart with earthy undertones and notes of rose and oats.

Ingredients: Apples, organic cinnamon, spearmint, organic ginger, beetroot, chicory, organic oatstraw, organic red clover, sarsaparilla and rose petals

About Simpson & Vail View company

Backlogged Advent Note
Homemade Advent Day 18
from AJRImmer
This one was a nice herbal tea and reminds me a lot of one that my mom blends for me. It’s best with a little sweetener and milk to help soften the taste of some of the herbs.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Herbs, Medicinal

I’ve had this a bunch of times now and always struggle to describe it. The flavor is pretty herbal/savory, but pleasant. It’s fresh tasting, but I don’t find myself reaching for it very frequently. It’s difficult to identify individual flavors, but everything fits together well.