Kenya Kangaita Black FOP

Caramel, Malt, Nutty, Toasty
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea76805

1 Tasting Note View all

• “National vacation day tea: I’ve never been to Kenya, but it and Tanzania are on my list. I am visiting my parent as my mom is having health issues so this is from my dad’s cupboard. I got him a...” Read full tasting note

From Simpson & Vail

These medium-large sized black leaves brew to a deep amber cup with an oaky woody aroma. The well-rounded cup yields a medium bodied brew with an oaky slight malty taste and notes of orange. The vibrant cup is strong enough for your morning brew.

About Simpson & Vail View company

1 Tasting Note

National vacation day tea: I’ve never been to Kenya, but it and Tanzania are on my list. I am visiting my parent as my mom is having health issues so this is from my dad’s cupboard. I got him a variety of S&V teas a few Christmases ago and this was one he picked for repurchase. He can be particular about teas that leave an aftertaste, but this one is fairly smooth.
The tea has several notes, nutty, toasty, and malty with a slight caramel hay taste thrown in. I brewed a strong pot this morning, but a lighter afternoon brew might bring out some different notes. This reminds me of a much darker and smokier version of a yellow tea. A yummy cup that I’ll add to my next S&V order.

Flavors: Caramel, Malt, Nutty, Toasty

gmathis

Glad you could find some good tea on the road!