Gunpowder Imperial Green Tea

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves
Char, Grass, Green Beans, Hay, Lemon, Roasted, Spinach, Vegetables
Edit tea info Last updated by eastkyteaguy

1 Tasting Note View all

From Simpson & Vail

Product description not available yet.

About Simpson & Vail View company

1 Tasting Note

The second of the green teas from Simpson & Vail that I am getting around to reviewing, I am kind of surprised this one had not been added to the database earlier. After all, seemingly every vendor out there releases a gunpowder green tea at some point. I just kind of assumed that I would not be the person to add a tea like this to Steepster. Anyway, this is a pretty decent, if rather unexciting green tea.

After infusion, the liquor produced is a rich yellow. Aromas of roasted Brussels sprouts, Napa cabbage, pak choi, dried grass, hay, and lemon are just barely detectable on the nose. In the mouth, I detected fleeting notes of roasted Brussels sprouts, spinach, Napa cabbage, pak choi, dried grass, hay, and green beans. The aftertaste leaves impressions of roasted Brussels sprouts, dried grass, lemon, and char.

In the end, I found this to be a pretty solid gunpowder green tea. As green teas go, I have had better, but I have also had far worse. While I wish the flavors were stronger and separated a little more, the flavors that are detectable are interesting. I also appreciate the smoothness of this tea. I especially like the lack of the somewhat coppery aftertaste that can be so off-putting in gunpowder teas.

Flavors: Char, Grass, Green Beans, Hay, Lemon, Roasted, Spinach, Vegetables