Assam Brahmaputra

Black Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by gmathis

• “Savoy tea is in business and thriving, but the storefront we visited yesterday is preparing to relocate, so what we found there yesterday was a little hodge-podgey. (Mind you, this did not keep me...” Read full tasting note

From Savoy Tea Co

First Flush Green Tea From Assam

About Savoy Tea Co View company

Savoy tea is in business and thriving, but the storefront we visited yesterday is preparing to relocate, so what we found there yesterday was a little hodge-podgey. (Mind you, this did not keep me from restocking several favorites.) This was the only one of its kind on the sample rack; I saw “Assam” and grabbed without examining it closely.

At any rate, it is one of the least Assam-y Assams I’ve sampled in the recent past…has a fresh floral smell (lilacs from across the yard, not lilacs under your nose) and that carries over to the flavor. It’s more oolong-y than Assam-y and needs a lighter touch than I gave the first cup…is a little bitter now that I’m toward the bottom. Next time I’ll back off the steep time to 3 minutes instead of the sloppy 4 I gave it.

Last word; it’s a tea party-pinky up Assam. Not for sleepy mornings.

ashmanra

I would love to hear how you like it with new steeping parameters! Are they relocating to a place where you can still easily access them?

gmathis

Sounded like they were looking for a nearby option. They have another storefront in Fayetteville (AR) about 30 minutes further south—we just generally have no need to venture that far.