Thé du Louvre - Garden Tea

Fruit Green Blend
Apple, Cornflower Petals, Flavor, Green Tea
Apple, Cherry, Dry Grass, Floral, Fruity, Mineral, Nectar, Pear, Perfume, Plum, Sweet, Tangy, Grass, Green, Honey, Stonefruit, Tart, Smooth
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by breeteas

2 Images

• “Kiki: “Ahhh… Fruity smell. I think it’s herbal. It’s really tasty though, I like it. I don’t taste one thing but a combination of many. Fruits, like apple or orange, lemon, berry. And some...” Read full tasting note
  • “Palais Des Thes Advent Calendar Day 19: The dry leaf for this one smells very good nice and fruity. Once brewed the taste is pleasant as well though I don’t know what Quince tastes like. I am...” Read full tasting note
  • “Palais des Thés Advent Calendar – Day 19 (from November backlog) It’s funny that this tea is in the advent, as I ordered this and its sister tea to try along with the calendar. It was sort of an...” Read full tasting note

From Palais des Thes

The fruit of a collaboration between the Louvre Museum and Palais des Thés, the thés du Louvre are fragrant new blends which pay homage to the two faces of the Louvre: the monumental aspect of the palace with its elegant architecture and the poetic charm of the Tuileries Garden.

The Thé du Louvre – Garden Tea is reminiscent of a gentle stroll through the Tuileries Garden, between colourful flowerbeds and shady copses.

A gourmet green tea with notes of apple, plum and quince.

To prepare hot tea:
Steep 16g in 1L of water at 75°C during 3 minutes.

To prepare iced tea:
Steep 16g per 1L water and infuse Thé du Louvre – Garden Tea at room temperature for 20 minutes. When the infusion is ready, place the liquor in the fridge to cool.

Tea ingredients
Green tea (China) (89%), plum (plum, rice flour) (4%), apple (3%), flavours (plum, quince), cornflowers.

About Palais des Thes View company

Kiki:

“Ahhh… Fruity smell. I think it’s herbal. It’s really tasty though, I like it. I don’t taste one thing but a combination of many. Fruits, like apple or orange, lemon, berry. And some kind of spice. It’s very good. I drank it all, hahahaha and I’d say this is an 8.5 for sure, if not a 9. Thank you, Cameron. Or is that cherry? I have nothing left so I’m smelling the bottom of the cup now. …Very nice, I really love the quince. You know how quince has that really fragrant flavor, like perfume… It all disappears quickly, but the smell is really good.”

derk:

Smells sweet, fruity and floral – apple juice, quince. Tastes like dry grass, clean, then the swallow blooms fruity and sweet like nectar, apple, quince, yellow plum, pear. I get a hint of cherry, too, like Kiki. Well rounded fruit perfume. Really easy drinker and great thirst quencher even when hot. I think it would be really good as an iced tea. Would be better if there was more to the actual taste than the dry grass of the green tea.

Flavors: Apple, Cherry, Dry Grass, Floral, Fruity, Mineral, Nectar, Pear, Perfume, Plum, Sweet, Tangy

Cameron B.

Yay, I’m so glad you both liked it! I tried to send several fruity greens, hoping Kiki would enjoy them.

Palais Des Thes Advent Calendar Day 19:
The dry leaf for this one smells very good nice and fruity.
Once brewed the taste is pleasant as well though I don’t know what Quince tastes like. I am definitely tasting the apple but can taste a hint of the plum as well. I also am tasting quite a bit of pear? This tea reminds me of another tea I’ve tried that was a pear green tea. I wouldn’t feel the need to purchase this because of that but it is very sweet and pleasant to drink.

Flavors: Apple, Grass, Green, Honey, Pear, Plum, Sweet

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Palais des Thés Advent Calendar – Day 19 (from November backlog)

It’s funny that this tea is in the advent, as I ordered this and its sister tea to try along with the calendar. It was sort of an impulse tea purchase partly because of the pretty packaging and partly because the flavors sounded good and I figured these wouldn’t be in the advent. Well, here it is, ha ha.

I’m certainly not disappointed to see this one, as I do enjoy it. It’s quite subtly flavored, with a mellow and grassy green base. I enjoy the apple, pear, and stonefruit flavors, and they come out a bit more at the end of the sip. There is a slight powdery floral note to this cup that I don’t love, though I don’t remember that being an issue before.

Anyway, perfectly happy with this one this evening! :)

Flavors: Apple, Floral, Grass, Pear, Plum, Smooth, Stonefruit, Sweet

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
Lexie Aleah

The packaging is indeed pretty for this one! I was admiring it today as well!

Cameron B.

Pretty packaging gets me every time… XD