Assam Hattiali-T.G.F.O.P. Second Flush

Edit tea info Last updated by breeteas

• “Due to last week’s Sunday morning tea fiasco, I am writing this note with one eye on my cup at all times lest Minnie decides to tip it over with her hindquarters again. This is my first outing with...” Read full tasting note
  • “For Channukah my sister got me two Palais des Thes samplers – one with straight teas and another with flavoured teas. I likely wouldn’t have got either for myself but now that I have them, I’m...” Read full tasting note
  • “I purchased mine from TeaGschwendner. A good standard Assam, medium-full bodied, very easy to drink. Reminds me of milk chocolate, dried figs and raisins, hay. I prefer a bigger Assam for the...” Read full tasting note

From Palais des Thes

A high quality Assam, ideal for the morning.

About Palais des Thes View company

This is my first outing with the Assam selection in the Palais des Thes sample set that was under my Christmas tree. It has the lovely melba toast scent I associate with the very best Assams. The scent stays in the cup and won’t come out to play when you drink. Medium body with a little bit of stiffness after it cools, but mostly, it’s kind of a big tease.

As always, my first instinct with an underperformer is “next time with milk.” Might boost the elements that are evidently in hiding.

For Channukah my sister got me two Palais des Thes samplers – one with straight teas and another with flavoured teas. I likely wouldn’t have got either for myself but now that I have them, I’m intrigued. Over the years, I’ve grown to really like straight blacks but I don’t usually buy them unless a store specifically focuses on straight teas. In my mind, Palais des Thes does flavoured stuff so I wouldn’t have thought to explore their blacks. Now I have a few to try though so that’s fun.

This tea is middle of the road for me. It’s smooth with the tiniest twang at times, but not astringent. It’s a little bready. It’s robust. And there is a muscatel/floral element, which I think is what’s reading metallic/coppery to me. It’s fine but like I said, middle of the road.

Cameron B.

I’m the same way with straight vs. flavored teas!

I purchased mine from TeaGschwendner.
A good standard Assam, medium-full bodied, very easy to drink. Reminds me of milk chocolate, dried figs and raisins, hay. I prefer a bigger Assam for the morning, this would be a good post-lunch tea.