Kathmandu Cosmos

Black Tea, Cardamom, Ginger, Lemongrass, Orange Peel
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “#tiffanys2021sipdown Tea #85 overall / Tea #1 for March Monday 3/1 Will be writing about this tea on my instagram since I received this as part of being a #nepalteaambassador – will link the post...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea just really didn’t do it for me — the flavors just weren’t as strong as I was expecting for something I expected to be like a chai. Perhaps I should have played around more with how I...” Read full tasting note
  • “This was a free sample that came with my last order from Nepal Tea. The first thing I notice is the actual tea to lemongrass ratio. There is certainly a lot. I like the idea of lemongrass in chai,...” Read full tasting note

From Nepal Tea

Our special spiced chai is an Ayurvedic blend of our finest golden tips tea with flavorful homemade spice mix. A sweet and spicy heritage!

To brew the finest cup of Kathmandu Cosmos, use approximately two grams (the amount of a single tea bag) of tea per 8.5 fl. oz. (a standard US cup) of water of temperature 95℃ (206℉). In general, use not quite boiling water or let the water cool down for about 30 seconds after boiling. Steep for about 4 to 5 minutes to enjoy the sweet and spicy flavor of Kathmandu Cosmos.

*Kathmandu Cosmos is best served without added milk and/or sugar. However, it is common to add sugar and/or lemon according to one’s preference.

About Nepal Tea View company

#tiffanys2021sipdown Tea #85 overall / Tea #1 for March

Monday 3/1 Will be writing about this tea on my instagram since I received this as part of being a #nepalteaambassador – will link the post here when I do post it. This was a sampler pack (enough for a 16 oz cuppa) so I had it hot and plain. I have a 50g pouch as well so I’ll be trying it cold brewed and such as well this month.

UPDATE PHOTO/POST on Instagram 3/3/21: https://www.instagram.com/p/CL-SJZUgTHi/

#tiffanydrinkstea #tiffanys2021 #tiffanysfaves #tiffanyinthe614 #tiffanysteasipdown #sipdownchallenge

16 OZ / 473 ML
Martin Bednář

This tea sounds very interesting; and honestly would give it a try. But trying 50 grams is maybe too much and who knows if they deliver to EU!

This tea just really didn’t do it for me — the flavors just weren’t as strong as I was expecting for something I expected to be like a chai. Perhaps I should have played around more with how I brewed it? Not awful, but a solid “meh” from me. From a Sipsby box.

This was a free sample that came with my last order from Nepal Tea.

The first thing I notice is the actual tea to lemongrass ratio. There is certainly a lot. I like the idea of lemongrass in chai, though. It smells heavenly, spiced, and clean. There is also a considerable amount of citrus peel and coriander seed. As it steeps, the aroma reminds me of the citronella candles my mom used to keep the mosquitoes away. I used to smell those all the time on the back porch as a kid. So sweet and fresh. This tea could serve as aromatherapy, I swear.

The flavor is so comforting. Lemony with that well-rounded spice I’ve come to love from Nepal Tea. The spice especially comes through on the exhale. While I think a lot of the ingredients are muted by the lemongrass and peel, I can still taste (and rather feel) ginger, too. This is a masterpiece of a chai, much like their Nepali Breakfast. I’m probably going to end up trying every tea this company makes.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Citrus, Citrus Fruits, Citrus Zest, Citrusy, Coriander Seed, Ginger, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Lemongrass

Kawaii433

This sounds excellent. One of the reasons I like the Kusmi Detox (green one) is because of the Lemongrass in it… Definitely will try this one out in the future.

Tabby