Uva Tea

Astringent, Bergamot, Bitter, Malt
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Izzy

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Note: add milk. MlesnA advise on the tea wrapper that it’s best consumed with milk. Massive understatement. This tea is a lot. It has a bold character that really smacks you in the face. Or tongue,...” Read full tasting note

From MlesnA

Grown at altitudes of 6000 feet and above. Teas from Uva region brew a strong, astringent and coloury cup best consumed with milk, producing a crisp and refreshing beverage.

About MlesnA View company

1 Tasting Note

This tea is a lot. It has a bold character that really smacks you in the face. Or tongue, I guess. It’s not going to be everyone’s “cup of tea” but I can stomach it.

The astringency and bitterness is extreme, but by adding milk, you turn this tea into a very crisp and palate-clearing cuppa. I cannot drink this tea without milk.

I get notes of bergamot in this tea, as it’s got that crisp astringency and briskness to it. Although, I think if you used this tea to make an Earl Grey it would be too much. There’s a hint of maltiness that pops up as well, with a generous splash of milk.

At the end of the cup, you’re left with a drying sensation in your mouth.

My blog review is shorter than usual. There’s not much to say other than “damn, that’s bitter!” So, ultimately, I’m only recommending this tea to masochists that like a very brisk cuppa with a lot of milk.

Flavors: Astringent, Bergamot, Bitter, Malt