Rooibos Poire

Rooibos Tea
Alcohol, Apple, Candy, Coffee, Pear, Roasted, Sweet, Tart
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• ““An Ode to Tea” Alphabet Challenge – R I was inspired by AJRimmer to try this one, since I got some in the group order and still hadn’t tried it yet, even though it was one of the teas I was most...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea is so interesting. The pear flavor walks the line of being almost too fake, but it somehow works. The nutty base goes really well with the flavor. The second steep tastes exactly the same....” Read full tasting note
  • “Mmmmm….a rooibos that doesn’t taste at all like rooibos. The dry leaf smells like alcohol, but transforms into green apple jolly ranchers and juicy pear when brewed. The flavor is pretty accurate...” Read full tasting note
  • “2021 sipdown no. 31 This one smells very pear-like dry. Steeped it starts smelling like a mix of juicy pear and green apple/green apple candy. The flavour is quite good. It’s a tiny bit floral and...” Read full tasting note

From Lupicia

ROOIBOS POIRE is a non-caffeine green rooibos blend scented with the exquisite “La France” pear, which is called the queen of pears because of its mellow scent and melting sweetness. The sweet and soft taste unique to the La France variety is complemented by the mellow taste of green rooibos and can be enjoyed not only as a hot tea but also as iced tea. For a fun way to enjoy this tea that you can enjoy at a home party, try a tea soda by adding carbonated water or, use it to make a tea jelly.

About Lupicia View company

“An Ode to Tea” Alphabet Challenge – R

I was inspired by AJRimmer to try this one, since I got some in the group order and still hadn’t tried it yet, even though it was one of the teas I was most excited for. So here we are!

I do get pear, but it hovers somewhere near the realm of green apple candy. It does has a nice crisp and tart flavor to it, though. For some reason I’m getting a roasty flavor though, and it’s almost reminding me of coffee. Strange for green rooibos! There’s something slightly boozy to it as well.

Anyway, it’s tasty enough! Reminds me a bit of an alcoholic apple cider?

Flavors: Alcohol, Apple, Candy, Coffee, Pear, Roasted, Sweet, Tart

Mastress Alita

I would love if they did their green apple flavoring on a green rooibos!

AJRimmer

Yay! The only thing I have left to finish from the group order is my package of Adagio. It seems like it all disappeared much too quickly!

Cameron B.

@Alita – That’s true, I didn’t even think to compare this to Tsugaru. Although really, I think the combination of the green base and the flavor is why I love that one…

@AJRimmer – Wow, good job you! Most of mine are only getting tried because of this alphabet challenge… (facepalm)

This tea is so interesting. The pear flavor walks the line of being almost too fake, but it somehow works. The nutty base goes really well with the flavor. The second steep tastes exactly the same. The nutty pear combo isn’t a flavor I would have imagined loving, but I do. Definitely my favorite blend from the group order! I’ve finished the tin and crave it again already.

Cameron B.

I haven’t tried mine yet!

Mmmmm….a rooibos that doesn’t taste at all like rooibos.

The dry leaf smells like alcohol, but transforms into green apple jolly ranchers and juicy pear when brewed. The flavor is pretty accurate to the smell, with the juicy pear notes dominating.

AJRimmer

I love this one!

Courtney

This one was such a pleasant surprise!

2021 sipdown no. 31

The flavour is quite good. It’s a tiny bit floral and mostly pear. Lex said “This tastes just like juice. Warm juice.” We made this pretty late, so what remained of our cups got thrown into the fridge.

This morning this was great chilled. I would say the exact same pear/green apple flavour, but with the faintest hint of chalkiness. It wasn’t overly distracting though and it was just in the background.

Thank you Cameron! :)