Black Fruit Blend
Floral, Lychee, Tropical, Candy, Strawberry
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “I got a bag of this to try from a coworker, and the information is all in Japanese so I was anxious to come on here and look it up! The smell is pretty intense… pure jasmine with a hint of fruit,...” Read full tasting note
  • “I don’t know about the pink argents looking like flying angels. They are pretty, though. At first, the lychee scent is slightly overwhelming, and I started to wonder if this might be one time when...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown! (19 | 296) Yay, another Hawaii exclusive tea! From a sweet Instagram friend. :3 It’s pretty tasty! Very reminiscent of lychee gummies, and I really like lychee and lychee-flavored...” Read full tasting note
  • “Advent from Dustin Day 10 Another Lupicia blend! I’m very thankful for being able to try all of these blends that would’ve been either difficult/impossible for me to attain otherwise. Thank you,...” Read full tasting note

From Lupicia

Lychee flavored jasmine tea with pink argents that look like flying angels.

About Lupicia View company

I got a bag of this to try from a coworker, and the information is all in Japanese so I was anxious to come on here and look it up! The smell is pretty intense… pure jasmine with a hint of fruit, but the taste is the opposite. All lychee, all the time. Despite that I think it’s quite pleasant. I’m not sure I would buy a whole tin of this but it’s a nice change from what I usually drink and I can’t stop sniffing it!

I don’t know about the pink argents looking like flying angels. They are pretty, though. At first, the lychee scent is slightly overwhelming, and I started to wonder if this might be one time when Lupicia hadn’t hit it dead on. I’m sure it’s got to happen once or twice.

A few sips convinced me otherwise. I’d have to be in a very specific mood to want to drink this tea, but it’s intensely fruity and refreshing. The jasmine is actually more of a solid background, while the lychee is star soprano.

Sipdown! (19 | 296)

Yay, another Hawaii exclusive tea! From a sweet Instagram friend. :3

It’s pretty tasty! Very reminiscent of lychee gummies, and I really like lychee and lychee-flavored things. It is a bit one-note though? Rather flat without any sweetness or tartness to speak of.

So I’m happy to have had the chance to try it, but it’s not something I would feel the need to order. And I’ll admit, I’m a bit glad about that, since I think this is in in-store exclusive…

Flavors: Floral, Lychee, Tropical

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
Mastress Alita

Sadly all the Hawaiian exclusive teas that really interest me (this one and Hoku) aren’t available online.

Advent from Dustin Day 10

Another Lupicia blend! I’m very thankful for being able to try all of these blends that would’ve been either difficult/impossible for me to attain otherwise. Thank you, Dustin!

This smells like strawberry and lychee gummy candies. Tastes like them too. It’s sticky sweet, and absolutely delicious. I love that it’s on a black base, as lychee blends rarely are (at least in my experience). Another blend I would gladly repurchase if I had the chance.

Flavors: Candy, Lychee, Strawberry

Lexie Aleah

This one sounds delicious!

amandastory516

It’s incredibly tasty!

Mastress Alita

It’s sad just what little selection is available on the US Lupicia.

Those little lychee-flavored gummies are one of my favorite Japanese candies.

I purchased this on a trip to Honolulu. This tea is fantastic with a strong Lychee and Kyoho grape flavor.

Dry and steeping, this tea smells like juicy lychee fruit! The first few sips were disappointingly flat and tasteless, but things changed a few sips in. I start getting that lychee taste. After taking a bite of some food, the taste of my tea goes flat again. What is with my taste buds?! Can I blame it on stress? I’m taking a tea break in the middle of a decision that will shake up and complicate my weekday routine and working out the logistics is not fun. I’d rather be visiting the Hawaii Lupicia location where this tea can be bought! Sipping a little more and a floral dry rose flavor comes out. This tea is interesting and not bad, but not something I see myself craving either. I should try this cold steeped before I’m out if I haven’t tried it that way before.

And later in the cup… added sugar and it did not improve the fruit flavor at all. Added some cream which made it more interesting.