Oolong

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea
Bitter, Earth, Sweet, Sweet, Warm Grass, Wet Wood, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by faith4tea

• “The new year arrived with a bang at our house. Lots of them, actually. For those of you who have not had the privilege of weathering a Midwest ice storm, there’s nothing like hearing frozen limbs...” Read full tasting note
  • “For an inexpensive oolong, it does hit the spot~. You can brew it to your own desire, more mild or stronger. I love the unique taste of Oolong, an earthy, full-body concoction that brings me some...” Read full tasting note
  • “The directions on the can recommend rinsing the leaves with hot water before steeping. I use 3-4 tsp for 1 qt. of water and steep in a ceramic pot for 1 – 1 1/2 minutes, first pot. I reuse as...” Read full tasting note

From Joy Luck

Product description not available yet.

About Joy Luck View company

The new year arrived with a bang at our house. Lots of them, actually. For those of you who have not had the privilege of weathering a Midwest ice storm, there’s nothing like hearing frozen limbs slam onto your roof and praying that they don’t jab holes in your shingles. Come join us next time! (All appears to be well and the power lines held.)

I had already set this out to drink on New Year’s morning, but a little joy was especially in order after the lousy night’s sleep. Gifted to us by niece and nephew along with some other funny, random Chinese grocery items (smoked eel, anybody?), it was nicely and securely sealed, with big, rolled leaves.

According to my husband, who likes his oolong stewed to the consistency of mud, it “wasn’t toasty enough.” Sleep-deprived impatient steeping probably had something to do with that. However, I liked it just fine—it is does lean toward the wheat-toast flavor category rather than peachy-fruity. Perfectly acceptable second steep.

Martin Bednář

Uhh, happy to hear that everything is fine. Smoked eel sounds okay to me :)

Mastress Alita

I slept terrible last night, too! Greens seem to “wake me up” better than blacks these days, so I’ve been ODing on Japanese greens to get by, ha!

gmathis

Funny how everybody’s body chemistry is different. I must have blood as thick as cake batter because nothing but heavy duty black stuff makes me wakey.

gmathis

Oh, and mate.

For an inexpensive oolong, it does hit the spot~. You can brew it to your own desire, more mild or stronger. I love the unique taste of Oolong, an earthy, full-body concoction that brings me some peace any time I drink it. I have tried it both hot and cold, but I have to say the hot is better becuase there is more flavor than it’s cold counterpart.

Flavors: Bitter, Earth, Sweet, Sweet, Warm Grass, Wet Wood, Wood

The directions on the can recommend rinsing the leaves with hot water before steeping. I use 3-4 tsp for 1 qt. of water and steep in a ceramic pot for 1 – 1 1/2 minutes, first pot. I reuse as needed with longer steep times. I bring the water to a boil and let it sit for a minute before pouring.