Father's Day

Bergamot Oil, Black Tea, Oolong Tea
Bergamot, Citrus, Whiskey
Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by breeteas

• “Surprisingly balanced with a little bit of a spicy kick from the bourbon. The tea itself is not strong, but the bourbon flavor can be a bit much. I need to figure out how I like it. I love it’s...” Read full tasting note
  • “I am very much driven by mood when drinking tea. This is not usually a problem. Keep a decent stock of some variety, and I have something to pick regardless of my current mood. Sadly, because I...” Read full tasting note

From Harney & Sons

Introducing Father’s Day: Bourbon Grey. Classic Earl Grey flavors of bergamot are blended with Kentucky Bourbon (actually!) and aged in old bourbon barrels for a sophisticated tea that’s right up Dad’s alley.

Ingredients:
Black tea, oolong tea, bergamot oil, bourbon.

*This tea contains zero alcohol.

About Harney & Sons View company

Surprisingly balanced with a little bit of a spicy kick from the bourbon. The tea itself is not strong, but the bourbon flavor can be a bit much. I need to figure out how I like it. I love it’s smell and the spicy kick back, but I don’t know yet. My brother had it with cream and sugar, but this one stresses me more as a tea that would go well with honey. I can almost do it on it’s own, though again, the spicy kick back can be a bit much for my palette despite how much I enjoy it.

Sadly, because I am not wild about bergamot, I have horribly neglected two lone little tea bags of father’s Day since summer. They have been sitting in a small little zip lock bag with as much air pushed out as I could, but there’s no longer that great aroma when opening and sticking a teabag right at my nose offers almost no scent.

I steeped it anyway. I can smell a little bergamot now. and I can taste it in the tea. The Whiskey scent is gone and I do miss it because it gave such a wonderful balance to the bergamot. Still a very passable cup of tea.

I’ll probably do a reorder come spring when I will be more interested in the flavor combination.