Victorian London Fog

Black Oolong Blend
Bergamot, Black Tea, Lavender, Oolong Tea, Vanilla
Black Currant, Caramel, Lavender, Spices, Creamy, Vanilla, Cream, Milk, Bergamot, Earth, Smooth, Citrus
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by breeteas

2 Images

• “This tea sounds amazing… lavender? Bergamot? Sign me up. Unfortunately the lavender taste is just not there but I see the little buds in there so i know I am at least getting some of the Lavender...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a lovely Earl Grey variant. I love the lavender and the floral taste to it. It is very creamy also. Which is good because I didn’t realize before what a giant bag of it I bought so I have...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is our go to Earl Grey. Everything about it works for our household. A great take on the classic formula, the additions of lavender just balance things out quite nicely. The lavender’s...” Read full tasting note
  • “Hot Latte with rice milk The dry leaves say they include oolong and black tea and lavender buds. I could not spot the oolong. There were a some camouflaged lavender buds. The dry smell is...” Read full tasting note

From Harney & Sons

Victorian London Fog was the winning blend in our customer creation contest! Thousands of blends were submitted and we let you all choose between the top 5 flavors!

The beverage called London Fog originated during the Victorian era. Traditionally, it is an Earl Grey served with steamed milk.

Ingredients:
Black tea, oolong tea, bergamot oil, lavender, vanilla flavor. Contains natural flavors.

About Harney & Sons View company

This tea sounds amazing… lavender? Bergamot? Sign me up. Unfortunately the lavender taste is just not there but I see the little buds in there so i know I am at least getting some of the Lavender benefits. The bergamot is mild too. Its just a mild tea and the base is not too crazy. I like it and enjoyed the tin but its not a must have.

This is a lovely Earl Grey variant. I love the lavender and the floral taste to it. It is very creamy also. Which is good because I didn’t realize before what a giant bag of it I bought so I have enough to last me a while.

This is our go to Earl Grey. Everything about it works for our household. A great take on the classic formula, the additions of lavender just balance things out quite nicely. The lavender’s there but not overpowering at all.

Flavors: Black Currant, Caramel, Lavender, Spices

205 °F / 96 °C 6 min, 15 sec 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

Hot Latte with rice milk

The dry smell is intoxicating. It smells very floral and of vanilla.
The bergamot flavor was really mellow and disappears into the background with the milk. There is a floral note but it is more of a general floral note. I wanted the early grey to stand out more and be stronger. I may try to add more leaves next time for a stronger earl grey flavor. Other than that, overall It was creamy and comforting. It was be wonderful to have on a cold winter day.

Flavors: Creamy, Vanilla

Nattie

I might have to try a rice milk latte! Sounds interesting

I love this tea. Its is so fragrant and floral and vanilla-y. I just want to dive into a cup and live forever! It is a good twist on Earl Grey, as it tastes very creamy like it already has added steamed milk to form a London Fog. It is great however you drink it, with or without cream, and if you create an actual London Fog with steamed milk, it is amazing. I use this tea primarily in baking my Earl Grey tea cakes with homemade lavender frosting. I always keep this tea in my tea cabinet.

Flavors: Cream, Lavender, Milk, Vanilla

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Very tasty! I compared his against Harney’s Earl Grey Supreme, and liked this much better.

Nice, Light but flavorful, a little fruity, hard to put my finger on the flavors. Nice.

2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

365 Days of Tea Challenge – Day 38

I picked up a sample of this with my last Harney & Sons order, because even though I don’t generally like lavender, I’m still looking for an Earl Grey with cream/vanilla that lives up to my expectations.

Happily, the lavender isn’t all that noticeable next to the bergamot. I can tell it’s there, but it’s not offensive to me. The cream flavor is nice. However, I really wish there was vanilla as well…

It also somehow comes out tasting a bit like coconut in some sips.

So not the Earl Grey cream of my dreams, but still tasty!

Flavors: Bergamot, Cream, Earth, Lavender, Smooth

ashmanra

Have you tried Cream Earl Grey from Teafrog? It was pretty awesome to me!

One of my newest samples. It looked interesting.

There is a very nice cream, and lavender scent. The flavour is creamy vanilla, which is really good with the lavender and bergamot. Very glad I finally tried some.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Cream, Creamy, Lavender, Vanilla

I love this tea. More flavourful than a basic earl grey, not as perfumey as Harneys Paris. The lavender cleans it up a bit without being cloying. I love it. One of my favs. I make it with lots of shaken foamed milk. My perfect afternoon treat.