Mango No. 5

Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

1 Tasting Note View all

From DAVIDsTEA

Ladies and gentlemen, this is Mango Number Five. Fresh as they come, this hydrating green rooibos is infused with mellow mango, melon and a splash of mint. Have some fun with this fruity blend served on ice or warmed up. Monica, Erica and Tina agree, a little bit of you makes me your tea.

How it tastes
A fruity blend with refreshing mint, infused with mango and melon.

What makes it great

Hydrating green rooibos keeps your thirst quenched.

Tropical fruity flavors add dimension and zing to every sip.

Minty and refreshing aftertaste that lasts.

Apple (apple, citric acid), Green rooibos, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Natural (mango, melon) flavouring, Candied mango (mango, sugar), Melon, Stevia extract.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

1 Tasting Note

Hello new tea friend!!

This tea recently launched as an exclusive limited edition blend for Super Steepers and, though I wish it was available for everyone, I’m pretty excited about it! I love fruity rooibos blends and we do not have a lot of them – and added bonus that this uses green rooibos which is much lighter and more complimentary than red rooibos. Also less polarizing of a flavour, too!

I’ve sort of stopped pointing out every time I’ve named a tea because I’ve actually named a lot of them now – working on tea naming ideas has become one of my job roles over the last year. However, I was particularly proud of coming up with this one! It’s super fun, and nostalgic and because Mambo no. 5 was such a summer hit it just really makes me feel those summery vibes when I sip this blend. We also asked our stores for name ideas with this blend, and the French name was chosen by one of the stores – I’m blanking on it right now (sorry – my French is so bad!) but it was basically the French translation of “The Sound of Mango”. So, lots of fun musically inspired names all around!

In terms of taste, this isn’t just straight mango although the mango is one of the stronger notes for sure. It’s got some light touches of sweet melon as well, and a refreshingly minty finish! Sort of like a mango and melon mojito! It’s nice hot, but my favourite way to drink it so far has been either iced or cold brewed – love, love, love it as a cold brew! Aside from the unique trio of fresh and juicy flavours, another thing I enjoy about this is that it’s definitely not as intense or heavy of a fruit blend as a lot of our summer fruity teas tend to me – more light, refreshing and mellow overall while still not sacrificing on clarity of flavour.

tea-sipper

I like knowing when you name the teas. :D