Orange Dreamsicle Matcha

Matcha Green Tea, Natural Flavours, Sugar
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “The orange ended up a little fake for me. It’s the fake, powdery orange flavor you find in vitamins. And I don’t think there was enough vanilla/creaminess for me to taste specifically dreamsicle....” Read full tasting note
  • “(DavidsTea 47) Creamy and lightly orangey, I enjoyed this but would have liked a stronger orange flavour to complement the cream (which was amped up as I made this with half water/half milk). It...” Read full tasting note
  • “Earlier this week a bunch of returning fan favourite teas launched for the Spring as well as a couple of new and new(ish) teas – I love these big batches of returning teas, though it always feels...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

If we had to choose a favourite childhood flavour, orange dreamsicle might be it. Now that we’re no longer kids riding bikes to the corner store (or so they tell us), we’re ready to give this orange treat the glow up it deserves. Give your matcha routine a frosty twist with this delectably sweet combination of bright citrus & creamy white chocolate. What (adulting) dreams are made of.

Bright & citrusy matcha with a rich creamy note.

Features young green tea leaves from Aichi, Japan and natural flavouring.

Made with no artificial flavours.

Sweet & bright citrus with notes of creamy white chocolate and vegetal matcha

Cane sugar, Matcha green tea, Natural (white chocolate, orange) flavouring.

$9.98 per 50g

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The orange ended up a little fake for me. It’s the fake, powdery orange flavor you find in vitamins. And I don’t think there was enough vanilla/creaminess for me to taste specifically dreamsicle. I also didn’t get much underlying matcha flavor. Overall, I didn’t find this to be unpleasant, but they have lots of better flavors.

(DavidsTea 47)

Creamy and lightly orangey, I enjoyed this but would have liked a stronger orange flavour to complement the cream (which was amped up as I made this with half water/half milk). It does hit the mark and taste like a matcha creamsicle, though!

11963 tasting notes

Earlier this week a bunch of returning fan favourite teas launched for the Spring as well as a couple of new and new(ish) teas – I love these big batches of returning teas, though it always feels so hectic during launch week, especially when I have to write tasting notes for a whole slew of new teas all at once. That said, I say “have to” even though I know no one is forcing me to – but I just feel this compulsion to and it would bug me more if I didn’t…

Here’s the list of returning teas from this week:

Vanilla Orchid
Cherry Blossom (Yay!)
Lime Gelato
Coconut Oolong (The OG recipe – NOT the lemongrass one!)
Blueberry Vanilla (Same tea as Berries & Cream, just renamed)
Mango Fruit Punch
Lemon Pound Cake

And for new(ish) teas we have this tea and Strawberries & Cream, which was previously a subscription box exclusive tea. This one is brand new, though.

I could wax poetic about it for ages because I love it a lot – but ultimately I think describing the flavour is quite simple because it’s just so straight forward and spot on: it tastes like a Creamsicle. Very flavourful and sweet orange with a creamy finish. I love it hot and plain, but the sweet spot? Iced latte, baby! Sooo good!

Cameron B.

Unsweetened, please! T.T

Kittenna

Vanilla Orchid is back too soon! I still have lots left!! Haha.

tea-sipper

I appreciate your new/returning Davids tea notes!