Hazelnut Chocolate

Medium
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange
195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 16 oz / 473 ml

• “(DavidsTea 98) Thanks to Roswell Strange for sending me some of this tea to sample way long ago! I like it and its Nutella vibes, and would like to try it as a latte if I ever remember to, but it’s...” Read full tasting note
  • “It’s like a warm, chocolate nutty hug. I was originally iffy on this one as when it comes to hazelnut chocolate most of them are too sweet. It’s one of the few more savory teas i enjoy” Read full tasting note
  • “Another new tea – this one part of the first Holiday/Winter type drop of the year! This is a Frequent Steeper exclusive tea; and I think it’s the first time DT has ever done a FS exclusive blend...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Drum roll…. To say we’re excited about this new tea would be an understatement. A labour of love spanning over six years, Hazelnut Chocolate is the result of unflappable resolve to nail down this flavour. Think rich fudgy cacao meets toasted hazelnut warmth in a smooth & decadent pu’erh – and it tastes even more amazing as a latte.

What makes it great

This hazelnut chocolate-y tea is the culmination of 6 years of trial & error.

We highly recommend you try it as a tea latte.

The hazelnut spread we all know & love was inspired by Gianduja, a sweet chocolate hazelnut candy originally from Italy.

Pu’erh tea, Apple, Cocoa peel, Artificial chocolate hazelnut flavouring, Chocolate (sugar, cocoa mass, low fat cocoa powder, cocoa butter, sunflower lecithin), Brittle pieces (sugar, hazelnut), Cocoa pieces, Hazelnut, Stevia extract

How it tastes
Rich & creamy melted chocolate with hazelnut complimented by an earthy pu’erh base.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

(DavidsTea 98)

Thanks to Roswell Strange for sending me some of this tea to sample way long ago! I like it and its Nutella vibes, and would like to try it as a latte if I ever remember to, but it’s good straight up as well. And not too sweet, unlike some teas.

I’m yawning as I write this; I really don’t remember much about drinking this earlier today, I should probably write a better note in the future.

Flavors: Chocolate, Nutty, Savory, Toasty

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

11910 tasting notes

Another new tea – this one part of the first Holiday/Winter type drop of the year! This is a Frequent Steeper exclusive tea; and I think it’s the first time DT has ever done a FS exclusive blend before? I’m not 100% sure of that, though…

Does anyone else remember Choconut Oolong? That was a DT holiday blend from, I believe, 2014 – basically meant to taste like Nutella. I actually enjoyed it at the time (I’m not sure if I would today – tastes change) but it was pretty damn unpopular when it was released. I think if you dig through old tasting notes of mine, I’ve commented before from when I was a customer that a true sign that a tea blend is realllyyyyy bad is when the Tea Guides in store encourage you to buy 50g and not a 100g tin…

Well, this is basically Choconut Oolong redemption. This blend was essentially six years in the making, after the initial attempt flopped so hard. I think it was worth the wait though because this tea is really good. Y’all know that I’m not a big chocolate fan in general, but this is a nice and rich dark chocolate note that I find comparable to the chocolate in S’mores Chai. That might be, partly, because they’re both chocolate blends on a similar pu’erh base…

Honestly the chocolate is good but it’s not the best part of the blend & there are a lot of good chocolate teas out in the world already if that’s the draw for you. What there aren’t a lot of good version of are hazelnut teas and as far as I’m concerned this is honestly the nicest hazelnut I’ve ever tasted in a tea! It’s robust, rich and accurate. I feel like I’m getting a nice slightly toasted but still a bit raw hazelnut blast with this tea. Obviously hazelnut compliment chocolate – if it didn’t Nutella wouldn’t be the global sensation that it still continues to be. So as a decadent/indulgent blend this one just works! I highly recommend it as a latte, either hot or iced. The milk is the perfect kiss of creaminess to compliment both of these stellar flavours!

Martin Bednář

Not fan of Nutella, nor chocolate with hazelnuts too much, but tea with this flavour? Sounds interesting, but not sure if I would like that.