Morning Detox

Green Yerba maté Blend
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From DAVIDsTEA

Say good morning to your perfect just-rolled-out-of-bed detox blend. This mellow yet strong cooling cleansing blend is made with metabolism-boosting apple cider vinegar powder, digestion-friendly turmeric, plus a pinch of gut-loving ginger. To complete your am detox, we added miracle moringa tree – a body-loving superleaf. Today’s going to be a good day.

What makes it great

A blend of traditional ingredients to cleanse the system – a great choice after a night of overindulging.

An energizing base of yerba mate (energy without the jitters of high-caffeine).

Ginger & turmeric are traditionally used to soothe digestion.

Green tea, Turmeric, Ginger, Orange peel, Carrot, Rosehip peel, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rose pepper, Moringa leaves, Green mate, Black pepper, Apple cider vinegar powder (apple vinegar, maltodextrin), Natural (mint, lemon) flavouring, Marigold blossoms.

How it tastes
Strong cooling sensation & deep spices with a touch of acidity from the apple cider.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

11929 tasting notes

I really, really wish this tea was named, like, anything else. However, I can’t argue that I did end up turning to this mug in particular because I felt like it was going to have some wellness attributes that I needed on this particular morning.

Made a mug of this one up on Saturday morning a few hours after letting my upset stomach have some time to rest and chill out following that first cup of tea for the day – I knew this would have a few other helpful ingredients, like the peppermint and ginger, but I’d still get some caffeine and energy and that’s 100% what I need in the mornings.

Any “benefits” aside, I just really like the flavour and mouthfeel sensations of this tea. It’s got a fruity and somewhat sharply tangy fruity notes from the ACV powder in the blend but then is more grounded in tingly and earthy spices and a punch of menthol peppermint on the backend of the sip. That almost dance of lively and tingly ACV, peppery spices, and then cooling mint is so visceral on the palate. Very unique, while still being delicious overall.

teepland

I also hate it when I find flavorful teas with the bullshit marketing ploy of “detox” in the name. At least this one turned out well for you!