Playa Peach

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

• “For some reason DavidsTea peach teas often don’t work for me. This one is a little peachy, but it has a floral element that is at least as strong, plus an artificial taste that I don’t enjoy. I...” Read full tasting note
  • “(DavidsTea 60) This is a sample from the ever-generous Roswell Strange – and oddly, a tea that I may have only tried once previously, and hot. Made up a pitcher of it iced today, and it’s quite...” Read full tasting note
  • “Cold Brew! I decided I wanted to sipdown some of my DAVIDsTEA stash (herbals in particular) and this was a good candidate for a sipdown focus because I don’t have a lot of it and I know it tastes...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Joyful peach notes explode and captivate. The sweetness of papaya tinged with orange peels & rose petals makes it the perfect warm weather go-to.

Tastes like a day at the beach (even if you’re not going anywhere)

An ode to peachy cocktails & sand between your toes

Our first tea featuring persimmon – orange-colored fruits known for their sweet, honey-like flavor

Sweet, floral & just peachy.

Apple pieces (apple, citric acid), Candied papaya (papaya, sugar), Orange peel, Artificial (persimmon, peach) flavouring, Lemongrass, Peach (peach, rice flour), Red currants, Rose petals, Persimmon pieces.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

For some reason DavidsTea peach teas often don’t work for me. This one is a little peachy, but it has a floral element that is at least as strong, plus an artificial taste that I don’t enjoy. I found the flavor less off-putting the second time I tried it. I certainly wouldn’t order this again or recommend it since there are so many better peach teas out there. I drank it cold. The artificial/floral parts don’t really go away, but I guess I’m used to them.

(DavidsTea 60)

This is a sample from the ever-generous Roswell Strange – and oddly, a tea that I may have only tried once previously, and hot. Made up a pitcher of it iced today, and it’s quite nice – a somewhat tart/tangy peach flavour. I’ll note that the tartness didn’t come out right away, so a long infusion is probably best here (I hot brew and then pour over ice and let the tea infuse forever in the jug infuser).

A little annoyed that I like this as much as I do, to be honest… However, my husband is less a fan of peach so it’s fine. I think I missed my chance to get more, anyhow.

Lexie Aleah

I got some of this as a gift and haven’t opened it yet but if I don’t love it I’d be happy to send you some in a swap if you’re in the U.S.

Kittenna

Thank you for the offer, but sadly I am in Canada! I’m hoping it might make a comeback – but if not, I’m betting they’ll bring out more peach teas in the future.

Cold Brew!

I decided I wanted to sipdown some of my DAVIDsTEA stash (herbals in particular) and this was a good candidate for a sipdown focus because I don’t have a lot of it and I know it tastes really good cold brewed – so that should make for a fast turn around on finishing it off.

I feel like I must have had a more stressful day than I realized or maybe I was just holding in some emotions subconsciously, but this tea was so good tonight that it kind of made me want to cry – I just got so unexpectedly emotional drinking it and I could NOT figure out what the specific trigger for that was.

The taste was mostly peach, but a very honeyed peach with a dewy freshness about it and all the floral undertones from the persimmon that I’ve experienced with this blend in the past. It felt really well rounded because of that balance of sweet honey, dewy and fresh and slightly tart peach, floral persimmon, and light lemongrass – all very complimentary, and working to create a sort of “simple complexity”. I finished it way too fast and then, I’ll echo is again because I’m still shocked that this was my body’s response, when it was done I wanted to cry. I missed the tea.

…maybe trying to finish this off was actually a bad idea? I don’t know.

DrowningMySorrows

I’ve occasionally had this response to teas too. I’m in a decent mood, the tea tastes good, and then for no apparent reason I want to start bawling. I haven’t figured out if it’s something about the tea, hormones, emotions or stress I was holding in without realizing it or what. It seems to mostly be with ripe pu-erhs for me. And it doesn’t happen every time I drink those teas.