Unicorn Dream

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almond, Fruity, Marshmallow, Butterscotch, Citrus, Popcorn, Sweet, Cake, Candy, Cotton Candy, Cream, Hibiscus, Lemon
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange
Iced

• “Mastress Alita’s sipdown challenge Friday, April 9th: National Unicorn Day Tea #2 Had this yesterday and today!  I went with actual Unicorn tea for actual Unicorn Day.  Thanks very much AJRimmer!...” Read full tasting note
  • “The loose leaf tea looks so pretty with flowers and candy type things in it. It brewed to a dark purply color. It didn’t taste super sweet like I expected. Honestly didn’t have a strong discernible...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve seen lots of brands with unicorn sprinkles in their teas recently, what a random trend. The flavor here is weirdly, artificially sweet. I love fake sugar, but there’s something strange about...” Read full tasting note
  • “STTB Tea I’ve had this hot and cold-both ways are quite nice. The hot steep was more citrusy but the cold steep had more marshmallow and popcorn flavours. There are so many different flavours I...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Warning: This tea will add some magic to your day. Our caffeine-free fruit infusion is filled with smile-inducing ingredients – from blue butterfly pea, yellow everlasting flowers & pretty pink hibiscus blossoms to unicorn & heart-shaped sprinkles. The result is an enchanting & addictive herbal tea that’s tart and lightly citrusy, with dreamy notes of sweet cotton candy and creamy marshmallow.

How it tastes
Tart and light citrus notes morph into a sweet and cotton candy flavour with a lively finish that’s smooth and creamy

Apple, Hibiscus blossoms, Coconut, Lemongrass, Artificial cotton candy flavouring, Marshmallows (tapioca syrup, cane sugar, water, tapioca starch, carrageenan, soy protein, natural flavour), Bean peel, Heart sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, cocoa butter, potato starch, beetroot juice concentrate), Candied pineapple (pineapple, sugar), Unicorn sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, cocoa butter, potato starch, beetroot juice concentrate), Sugar pearls (sugar, corn starch, rice, glucose syrup, confectioner’s glaze, turmeric, titanium dioxide, iron oxide), Butterfly pea flowers, Candied papaya (papaya, sugar), Mallow blossoms, Sandy everlasting flower, Rose, Raspberries, Sunflower blossoms, Stevia extract.

Sprinkled with smile-inducing ingredients – from blue butterfly pea & yellow everlasting flowers to unicorn & heart sprinkles and sweet gold beads.
This herbal infusion is caffeine-free! The perfect treat for kids and adults alike.
Warning: This tea will add some magic to your day.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Had this yesterday and today!  I went with actual Unicorn tea for actual Unicorn Day.  Thanks very much AJRimmer!     Such a plethora of ingredients here.  Various sprinkles!  The blend is sweet, though it’s from the sprinkles, so I love it.  At least any of the stevia sweetness is drowned out by the sprinkle sweetness. It has blue pea flower so the cup turns purple!  Flavor wise, I’m not really sure what it’s trying to do.  It tastes a bit like marshmallow, it tastes a bit fruity, possibly a hint of almond?  Description says citrus and cotton candy.  The fruit I was tasting was definitely not citrus.  This blend was okay.  Not great, not bad.  I’m sure it’s one of those blends that really depends on what you scoop up in the scoop.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons // 10 minutes after boiling // 3 min
Steep #2 // just boiled // 6 min

Flavors: Almond, Fruity, Marshmallow

AJRimmer

I usually love sweet desserty teas, but I could never really get this one to work for me. It’s just a lot of sweetness without much content maybe?

Agree, AJRimmer!

The loose leaf tea looks so pretty with flowers and candy type things in it. It brewed to a dark purply color. It didn’t taste super sweet like I expected. Honestly didn’t have a strong discernible flavor at all to me. I didn’t enjoy it very much. I have a large container of it though, So I will keep trying it.

I’ve seen lots of brands with unicorn sprinkles in their teas recently, what a random trend. The flavor here is weirdly, artificially sweet. I love fake sugar, but there’s something strange about this one. I really only taste that overwhelming sweetness and maybe a soft fake fruitiness. It’s not gross, but not very appealing either. But maybe this is what unicorns taste like.

Martin Bednář

Yeah, who knows how unicorns taste like, huh? Moreover their dreams!

STTB Tea

I’ve had this hot and cold-both ways are quite nice. The hot steep was more citrusy but the cold steep had more marshmallow and popcorn flavours. There are so many different flavours I found it difficult to place them all. I almost want to say cotton candy, but I think it is more just sweet. It tastes a bit like a lemon angel food cake IMO.I’ll have to order some of this before they discontinue/sell out.

Flavors: Butterscotch, Citrus, Fruity, Marshmallow, Popcorn, Sweet

Roswell Strange

It’s meant to taste like Cotton Candy, personally I get Fruit Loops more than anything.

VariaTEA

Popcorn! I had this the other day with this tea and was like wtf?! Glad someone else got it.

i bought 200g of this nonsense….i dunno what’s wrong with me ‘cause i usually don’t love really sweet teas like this but there’s something about the flavour..

VariaTEA

@Sil, is that something popcorn?

Initially I wondered who was dreaming of unicorns and in what decade (Answer: an awesome and eccentric 6-year-old, 1980’s). But then my mind went to other places that may or may not be less anthropocentric and more low-brow fantasy. Blame the tea.

What do imaginary creatures dream about, if anything at all? Are those dreams reminiscent of mundane slice of life dramas? Or are they something so fantastical and whimsical that we can’t (and wouldn’t want to) comprehend them?

Judging by the dry blend makeup, I’m assuming David’s Tea went with the latter theory (RIP to the sanity of anyone involved in the creation of this blend). There is so much stuff in here it’s absurd and frankly intimidating (just like a real unicorn! Haha). Pineapple and papaya pieces, a million different kinds of sprinkles, flowers, and stevia.

Steeped up cold it’s a bit more tangible. My taste buds translate the chaotic array of confectionery, dried fruit, flowers, and cotton candy flavouring to cake. Or cotton candy ice cream, because this blend is creamier than plain old cotton candy. Citrus and hibiscus notes and flavours prevent this from turning into a saccharine nightmare.

I think Roswell Strange is on to something when comparing this to a mixture of rainbow cereals from different brands. Major Fruit Loops and Lucky Charms vibes. Also, Unicorn Vomit is a better name, albeit probably not super PR (I would buy that though).

Flavors: Cake, Candy, Cotton Candy, Cream, Fruity, Hibiscus, Lemon, Marshmallow

Iced
Roswell Strange

Fun Fact: We referred to this as “Unicorn Vomit” as a nickname before the tea was officially named.

CrowKettle

For some reason I find that both delightful and endearing. I love that nickname.

derk

Thanks for the laugh :)

Martin Bednář

Nickname made me laugh too. And… looks too sweet for me.
And we have unicorns in our World. They just went fat and we call them rhinos :)

tea-sipper

Hahaha. I love this tasting note.

Well i did a “bad” thing and purchased a wack load of tea the other day. I think i have 3 orders coming in and not small quantities either. I still have probably another order or two that i’d like to make soon. Tried to get more of this, but sadly it was sold out so i just have what’s left over. I also did a quick check on my tea stash for te end of June and while i have 60 teas in my cupboard, i only have 29 teas that are more than sample sizes. Yes, i’m still working through all the samples that VariaTEA gave me haha.

VariaTEA

I did the same bad thing but is it worse in my case given the difference in our cupboard sizes.

Yeah I’m still under 2kg in weight.

Shush you

tea-sipper

I’m so glad you bought some more tea, Sil! Since you must have much less tea in stock than the average Steepsterer. I haven’t been supporting tea shops as much as I’d wish with my sipdown “project”, so I’m happy whenever anyone else has been buying…

@ tea-sipper – yes well if i’m not careful i’ll be at crazy amounts again quickly! sad thing is, there are at least another 5 orders i’d like to place for old favourites but won’t.

Roswell Strange

@Sil – I admire your control; I’ve had none of that this summer.

@roswell – have a kid, buy a house and move cities…. haha

Made this iced a few hours ago and am only getting to drink it now. Perhaps its because it sat or because its late and my brain is going a bit nutty but this tastes extra marshmallow-y tonight, with a hint of buttered popcorn at the end. I genuinely could not say what would be popcorn-y about this but its there so…yeah.

Another new tea!!

This is kind of an insane one; definitely on the sweeter and more candy like end of the spectrum. It’s called Unicorn Dream but in terms of visual it kind of looks a little bit like Unicorn Vomit – it’s just loaded with bright, colourful ingredients – namely flowers (butterfly pea and hibiscus and things more for visual like cornflower) and an assortment of sprinkles and marshmallows.

Despite the intense and complex visuals, I actually find the flavour pretty simple and straightforward. It’s a really sweet and very cotton candy forward profile, with added notes like marshmallow. Despite that intense sweetness there are hints of tart hibiscus, as well as a strong lemony note from all the lemongrass in the blend. I hated it the first time I tried it because I struggled to marry the taste of lemongrass and cotton candy in my head. However, the more I tried this the more it grew on me. I also realized that fruity and cotton candy/marshmallow flavour combination actually reminds me A LOT of fruity cereal milk. Like, what you might get if you mixed Lucky Charms and Fruit Loop milk. Realizing that actually made it work a lot more for me as a blend.

It’s still not the type of tea that I need to have on hand and I don’t love it the same way I feel some people are going to – but I grew to appreciate it.

I wish they HAD called it Unicorn Vomit :D

Martin Bednář

It’s that bad tea-sipper?

tea-sipper

No, I haven’t tried the tea yet, but I think the name would have been better.

Haha, okay :)