Mango Sunrise

High
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From DAVIDsTEA

A tropical black tea specially designed for cold brewing? Sign us up! Bursting with ripe juicy mango, this sweet and tart cold brew tea is a bold new way to energize your morning. It’s smooth, doesn’t taste bitter and is jam-packed with fruity flavour. And since it was made to steep in cold water, your kettle can take a back seat for this one. Too cool for school? Almost.

Available in prepack format only.

How it tastes
Fruity, juicy, tart and bold

What makes it great

This tropical cold brew tea was specially designed to brew in cold water for maximum flavour with zero bitterness.

This is one of the quickest cold brew teas on the market – you only need 1½ hours at room temperature or 2 hours in the fridge.

Makes the most refreshing iced tea thanks to its energizing black tea base.

Apple (apple, citric acid), black tea, candied mango (mango,sugar), candied pineapple (pineapple, sugar), lemongrass, stevia extract, natural and artificial mango and passion fruit flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I am fascinated that Roswell Strange found this was too tart because for me, this is crazy sweet. It smells like mango and tastes a bit like dried mango that is often sweeter than the actual fruit. Plus, the candied pineapple is really coming through. It’s very sweet and very juicy and my experience, at least in this first cup, is the opposite of Roswell’s which is interesting since she is the one who gave me the tea so it’s not like we got drastically different batches.

Thanks for sharing, Roswell Strange!

ETA: This is a sipdown (358) since I drank the entire cold brew bottle. It was sweet the whole way through so I am fascinated what made my batch so sweet while Roswell Strange’s was tart.

Cold Brew!

Contrary to the other mango tea I had this week, this one is much more candy-like in nature. It’s a bright and lively brew with notes of sweet mango, a bit of passionfruit and some light citrus-y top notes from the lemongrass. Maynard’s has a gummy mango candy now, similar to Fuzzy Peaches, and it reminds me a bit of them – but not sour/overloaded with citric acid. Similar juicy mango gummy taste though. It’s tasty, and a nice option to be able to turn to instead of scarfing down a bag of gummy candies.