Maple Syrup Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Candied Papaya, Natural Flavours, Oolong Tea, Raisins, Roasted Chicory Root
Maple, Maple Syrup, Roasted, Sweet, Pancake Syrup, Coffee, Toasty, Toffee, Nutty, Artificial, Autumn Leaf Pile, Butter, Mango, Musty, Fruity
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From DAVIDsTEA

Call us stereotypical Canadians, but we love maple syrup. And this sweet and satisfying oolong tea is dripping with it. With buckwheat and roasted chicory, it tastes just like a stack of pancakes drenched in rich amber maple. Whether you sip it straight up or as a frothy tea latte, your weekend brunch will never be the same again.

Apple, oolong tea, candied papaya (papaya, sugar), raisins, buckwheat seeds, roasted chicory root, maple sugar, stevia extract, natural and artificial flavouring.

Price per 50g: $9.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Smooth and so good as an oat milk latte. Tastes like Maple Oatmeal

BBST

This was the first oolong tea I ever had. It smells wonderful. David’s Tea knows how to make their teas smell good! This tea smells like a maple cake. It has a warm, gourmand, and fresh scent.

As far as taste goes, you definitely taste the oolong, roasted kernel notes, with a hint of maple syrup. To me, this tea was not that sweet (but I like really sweet things, so it would be hard for something to be sickly sweet to me).

I think for me this tea needs more maple, but it is a good tea. The aroma of this blend makes it a pleasant drinking experience.

I have already ordered this tea twice now. I want to order it again for a third time soon.

Flavors: Maple, Maple Syrup, Roasted, Sweet

Courtney

Oolongs are such a fascinating world to check out!

Silent Kettle

Haha! Indeed; they truly are!

I must say, the flavor of this tea took me by surprise. It was absolutely sweet, but it wasn’t as overwhelming as I expected. I actually quite enjoyed sipping casually on my cup of Maple Syrup Oolong. After drinking about half the cup, I let it sit while I did some chores when I came back it was cold. As a cold tea, the sweetness is definitely amplified and more so in an overwhelming way. This is a tea I would prefer hot over cold. I’ve heard many enjoy this tea as a hot latte and I am definitely going to try this out as well, I think the warm milk will compliment the strong maple flavor and make it even more cheerful!

Flavors: Maple, Maple Syrup, Pancake Syrup, Sweet

This is my first David’s tea, and my first thought upon opening the packet was, “Oooh, I smell maple!” That was quickly followed up by “Where’s the tea?” This is full of dibbins and nubbins of fruit and other ingredients.

Hubby’s comment was much the same on his first sip: “I get the maple, but where’s the oolong?”

Don’t get me wrong…this is still extremely tasty; great for afternooners when you need a sip of something sweet. But the general impression it leaves is maple with fruit, not pancakes and waffles. I think it just needs to be more accurately renamed.

Michelle Butler Hallett

It’s one of my pet peeves with DavidsTea blends. Every time, I find myself asking ’Where’s the tea?’

tea-sipper

General info as this is the latest tasting note (now five hours old): Not sure if Steepster is updating right now. Most pages are getting a 404 Not found right now. Sent Jason an e-mail.

Roswell Strange

I think it’s probably fine? I have a tasting note on my dash that was posted after this (about four hours ago) and I just posted one and it semms to be visible? Maybe just a quiet Sunday?

tea-sipper

I JUST now see the one you posted about ‘The Night I Dark and Full of Terrors’. So it did take a while to pop up? hmm

Roswell Strange

I don’t think so – I literally wrote it just before replying to this comment? But maybe everyone’s dash isn’t in sync? IDK.

**seems

Also to clarify, when I say I have a tasting note on my dash from four hours ago, I don’t mean that it was written by me. I can see someone else’s tasting note that they wrote four hours ago.

derk

I experienced 404s and 503 timeouts for several hours. Only around 630 pm pacific was I able to access the site again.

tea-sipper

But since you wrote it right before I saw it, it would tell me it was from a few minutes ago instead of five hours ago. I’m confused! Your note is the only one I see after gmathis, but maybe you’re following someone I’m not. Steepster is definitely acting odd for me today. But maybe it’s just me.

tea-sipper

The “2 minutes ago” etc on the times of these messages seem accurate.

tea-sipper

Okay, now your ‘Night Is Dark’ is saying the right time – 18 minutes ago. What the heck.

tea-sipper

Yeah derk, that is the time frame it wasn’t working here. Glad Steepster’s back anyway!

Mastress Alita

I was receiving 404s yesterday too. Freaked me out because I’m convinced the next time the site goes down it’ll be for good now that the admins have abandoned it. So glad it came back up!

tea-sipper

Yeah, I dread that day. I think I actually had a dream about Steepster last night!

gmathis

Did somebody … I could’ve dreamed this, too … mention that they had figured out a way to conveniently access/download one’s whole tealog from the site? This has, over the years, turned out to be “my whole life with tea” rather than “my lifetime tealog.” Might be good to capture it.

tea-sipper

I think Kittenna can hook you up, gmathis.

LuckyMe

@gmathis, yes you can download Steepster tasting notes through your RSS feed: steepster.com/username/feed.rss. I do this every now and then because there’s no telling when Steepster might go down for good :)

gmathis

Ah! Thank you. I ended up with kind of a messy text file, but it’s there!

Martin Bednář

Thank you LuckyMe! It’s better than nothing :)

Tastes like artificial butter.

Toasty roasty flavour with some sweetness. Smooth and creamy with or without milk. Reminds me faintly of coffee flavoured teas. (Eg David’s cappuccino). Restrepo is good, much milder. I might not try more than one rested for this one

Flavors: Coffee, Maple Syrup, Toasty, Toffee

I’m sipping this one now, and I love it. The first time I had this, I bought a cup of it as a hot latte, and thought it was so roasty and delicious. Since then I have bought some loose to make at home, and I’m really enjoying it. I agree with many reviewers on here that it does not taste like Maple Syrup & Pancakes, but I’m okay with that. Instead this taste like a delicious, dark, nutty, roasted oolong, with a hint of a maple/caramel flavor in the background. I like it because it’s not overdone. I don’t mind a tea that is drenched in Maple, but I’ve already had teas like that. I like that this one is more roasted tasting with the maple lightly lingering. I feel like if dark, roasted oolongs are you think, give this one a try. I’m hoping it stays in their lineup. I’m also really eager to have a Maple flight and have this in the mix.

Flavors: Maple, Nutty, Roasted

The original Oh Canada blend from DavidsTea has the best maple cream flavor and I have hoarded a large amount of it. The original has no chunks of fruit in it, just lots of rooibos, a few maple leaf shaped sprinkles, and tons of maple cream scent and flavor. The new Oh Canada is mostly chunks of dried fruit and has a weird cinnamon taste. Maple Syrup Oolong tastes closer to the original Oh Canada. Maple Syrup Oolong has almost no oolong pieces in the 100g I purchased, and it appears to be mostly dried apples, raisins and nut pieces (the chicory root?). So this gets closer to the taste of the original Oh Canada than the current iteration of it. It’s like a softer, lighter maple cream taste with nutty undertones. Reminds me a bit of Forever Nuts as well, because of that nutty impression. Still, I miss the intense maple flavor of the original Oh Canada.

I went over the border to Sarnia, and took it as an opportunity to be an innocuous liberal going to Canada for the sole purpose of organic vegan food and tea. I got a bunch of sachets of some of the staples like Forever Nuts and Cardamom French Toast, but I had this one to go. I didn’t expect it to be nuanced, but it was super sweet and tasty as you’d expect from a Maple Syrup flavored tea. Kayla, the person who served it, said it tasted like pancakes, and it did. This one would be especially awesome during the fall.

Iced Latte Sipdown

I brewed this up this afternoon and only really took a sip just now. It’s sweet but mapley. The chicory and stevia weren’t as offensive as I thought they may be but the sweetness is a lot.