Oolong Banane Myrtille

Oolong Tea
Banana, Blueberry, Fruity, Grass, Mineral, Pastries, Smooth, Sweet, Tangy, Toasted, Creamy, Grain, Oats, Roasted, Vegetal, banana, Vanilla
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Dammann Frères Advent Day 2 (2-February 2021) It seems like there was a mix-up in our calendars because Lex got “Week-end à Paris” and I got this tea! This smells like those dried blueberries they...” Read full tasting note
  • “Advent 18. The dry sachet smells very much tangy-sweet blueberry. I don’t smell banana. Brewed up, it has such a cheerful, pleasant, sun-warmed blueberry aroma. The body is again thick and glassy...” Read full tasting note
  • “Dammann Frères Advent Calendar – Day 18 (from November backlog) What a lovely sachet wrapper. I don’t know if Dammann uses the same wrapper for all of their oolongs, but it’s such a pretty shade...” Read full tasting note
  • “2020 Advent Calendar – Day 18 Love at first smell! This one is right up my alley. My daughter’s comment is spot on: “Basically it’s like drinking a blueberry scone!” Decadently “dessert-ish”, it’s...” Read full tasting note

From Dammann Freres

A harmonious mix allowing the fine floral notes of Oolong tea to develop along with the fruity aromas of banana and blueberry for a slightly sweet and velvety infusion evocative of a smoothie and with a final note of summer berries.

Dominant note : Red fruits
Type(s) of tea : Oolong tea
Main flavor : Blueberry
Complementary flavor(s) : Banana

About Dammann Freres View company

Dammann Frères Advent Day 2 (2-February 2021)

This smells like those dried blueberries they add into instant porridge both dry and steeped. The taste does have hints of blueberry with a distinct oolong base. I’m not huge on lighter oolongs, so it’s not my favourite. There’s a slight mineral taste. I’m not really sure where the banana is?

Advent 18.

The dry sachet smells very much tangy-sweet blueberry. I don’t smell banana.

Brewed up, it has such a cheerful, pleasant, sun-warmed blueberry aroma. The body is again thick and glassy like many DF teas. Swallows kind of juicy. I mostly taste that blueberry with very subtle banana. More tangy than sweet, but both. The base oolong is grassy but its greenness is tamed by an underlying toasted pastry note and minerals. This one’s fun and I imagine would be a great hot tea for milder summer days. I wonder how it fares iced.

Flavors: Banana, Blueberry, Fruity, Grass, Mineral, Pastries, Smooth, Sweet, Tangy, Toasted

Dammann Frères Advent Calendar – Day 18 (from November backlog)

What a lovely sachet wrapper. I don’t know if Dammann uses the same wrapper for all of their oolongs, but it’s such a pretty shade of blue, with a lovely matte metallic finish.

Blueberry and banana seems rather an odd combination to me, but I guess it shouldn’t as I can imagine them together in a smoothie quite easily. This has a yummy banana aroma in the sachet.

Yummy! I would say the blueberry and banana here are fairly equal, perhaps a slight bit more banana. I love it with the oolong base, which seems slightly baked but still has a bit of leafy freshness to it as well. I get some notes of grains and oats. Overall, it reminds me a bit of granola, which I find amusing since Dammann has some granola oolongs and this is not one of them. It’s a bit like granola with milk sprinkled with banana slices and blueberries. I will say, I find the blueberry flavor very believable here which is unusual for me.

Love it, definitely going on the list to order next time!

Flavors: Banana, Blueberry, Creamy, Grain, Oats, Roasted, Sweet, Vegetal

190 °F / 87 °C 4 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
Kawaii433

Sounds pretty good ^^

Courtney

Banana! I feel like I’m somehow missed all of these amazing teas because I only stuck to black tea!

Cameron B.

Their oolongs are also pretty pricey in comparison to their black teas, so I haven’t ordered any either.

2020 Advent Calendar – Day 18 Love at first smell! This one is right up my alley. My daughter’s comment is spot on: “Basically it’s like drinking a blueberry scone!” Decadently “dessert-ish”, it’s not shy or very nuanced for that matter. It tastes like summer. The oolong’s buttery flavor makes it instantly feel like a pastry, and I get much more blueberry than banana —which I’m grateful for. The banana lends some creaminess, but it doesn’t take center stage. The description makes reference to a smoothie and that also rings true for me maybe because I’m used to making smoothies with bananas and it’s that smoothness that I recognize.

Loved it both warm and cold! It’s a win for me!

Flavors: banana, Blueberry, Creamy, Pastries, Smooth, Vanilla