Aquamarine

Black Oolong Blend
Black Tea, Cacao Nibs, Chamomile, Cinnamon, Fennel Seed, Marigold, Oolong Tea, Spearmint
Cacao, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Dark Bittersweet, Fennel Seed, Flowers, Herbaceous, Mineral, Spearmint, Spicy, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Lexie Aleah

• “Chroma finally blended a new batch and I was so happy that I bought 50g a few months ago. There is no difference between the two batches. Impressive. I keep trying to think of a way to describe...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another snuck in tea early advent season… I didn’t actually remember much what this tasted like the first time I had it, but Marika drank it for one of the podcast episodes (She-Ra) and she spoke...” Read full tasting note

From Chroma Tea

Black tea and roasted oolong blended with cinnamon, cacao nibs, fennel seed, spearmint, chamomile, and marigold.

Inspired by old apothecary blends- the kind you might find in a movie stumbling into a dimly-lit shop to find a blue-green glass bottle on the highest shelf behind a pile of books. Uncork this one for a rich, herbaceous and chocolatey brew bolstered by some of the finest oolong and black tea out there.

About Chroma Tea View company

I keep trying to think of a way to describe how this tea makes me feel but fall short of the accurate marketing-speak:

“Inspired by old apothecary blends- the kind you might find in a movie stumbling into a dimly-lit shop to find a blue-green glass bottle on the highest shelf behind a pile of books.”

The best I can conjure is a cool stream emerging from the dark mystery of a rainforest, carrying the rich, earthy and spicy scents of the flora and terra, flowing gently into a shallow and clear warm sea under a cloudy winter sky. Have you ever felt the confluence of those two energies? Similar to the way it feels when you swim through tepid waters and suddenly a warm current envelops you in a momentary womb, or a cold current provides a blood-moving shock to the senses. This tea captures both of those aquatic sensations within the spearmint and fennel undercurrent that interacts with the dominant grounding profile provided by the roasted oolong base, cacao and cinnamon. Marigold and chamomile assist in the transition between the the cooling and warming characteristics and add some visual fluff.

Following Chroma’s parameters of 5g to a mug (in my case, it’s 10oz), I get three fully flavored steeps. It’s a worthwhile commitment.

ashmanra

I felt the water…

Another snuck in tea early advent season…

I didn’t actually remember much what this tasted like the first time I had it, but Marika drank it for one of the podcast episodes (She-Ra) and she spoke really pleasantly about it so I wanted to revisit. There’s a lot going on, but all of it is pretty soothing and comforting. I tasted a bunch of spearmint, but mixed with roasty/oxidized mineral oolong notes, cacao nib, and a thick fennel undertone that seemed to “lift” the sweetness of the spearmint.

I… actually agree with my initial rating of 78, even though I don’t really remember that cup…