Sunburst

Fruit Herbal Blend
Cinnamon, Coconut, Lemongrass, Orange Peel, Pineapple, Turmeric, Vanilla, Yuzu
Cinnamon, Citrus, Coconut, Creamy, Fruity, Juicy, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Tangy, Tropical, Turmeric, Vanilla, Ginger
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Lexie Aleah
Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 5 g 9 oz / 266 ml

• “Figured I should open this and drink it before the last hot days of the year fade away — praise the glorb! I’m with Roswell Strange here — this is a really unique blend! Ros had a few great...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve really enjoyed trying Chroma’s blends. I’ve had this one for quite awhile, but just got around to trying it today. It’s really beautiful and has giant pineapple chunks. I think I need to try...” Read full tasting note
  • “Chai Tournament: Sunburst (Chroma) v Warrior Princess (the tea girl) Preparation: Western Tasting Note: So I may have oversteeped this one, this cup tastes pretty gingery hot. I forgot to put on a...” Read full tasting note
  • “Cold Brew! This is my favourite from Chroma so far – this is another blend with impressively beautiful and chunky ingredients; in this case those gorgeous pineapple wedges!! I loved the mix of...” Read full tasting note

From Chroma Tea

Tropical herbal tisane blended with cinnamon, pineapple, lemongrass. coconut, orange peel, turmeric, vanilla, and yuzu oil.

Sunburst is a joyous celebration of sunny days and sweet air carrying the scent of tropical flowers, ready to kick back and take it all in.

We use dried (not sweetened!) pineapple and coconut for no added sugar, while still giving Sunburst a sweet, rich flavor with fine Madagascar vanilla and juicy yuzu. The result is a tropical tea as good hot as it is iced.

About Chroma Tea View company

I’m with Roswell Strange here — this is a really unique blend! Ros had a few great descriptions that mirrored my experience and I agree that this tastes Thai-inspired, almost like a pineapple curry? It tastes so natural without any added flavoring.

I feel sunshine, warmth, happiness, a lightness of being with a hint of grounding from the turmeric. The coconut gives such a nice barely there fatty mouthfeel, and when combined with vanilla, softens any sharp edges the unsweetened pineapple, lemongrass and yuzu oil might have. The cinnamon reminds me of the feeling of sun-warmed skin.

I ate all the pineapple afterward <3

Flavors: Cinnamon, Citrus, Coconut, Creamy, Fruity, Juicy, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Tangy, Tropical, Turmeric, Vanilla

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 0 sec 5 g 10 OZ / 295 ML
TeaEarleGreyHot

You ate the spent pineapple? Waste-not, want-not! Reminds me of the folks who eat their dragonwell leaf, post-steep! I suppose anything is better than rooibos!

It’s really beautiful and has giant pineapple chunks.

I think I need to try this again before giving it a rating- I mostly tasted cinnamon and some generic citrus flavor, despite the large pineapple chunks. The ration in my scoop must’ve been off.

Chai Tournament: Sunburst (Chroma) v Warrior Princess (the tea girl)

Preparation: Western
Tasting Note: So I may have oversteeped this one, this cup tastes pretty gingery hot. I forgot to put on a timer when I started the steep.

However, when the tea cooled down more of the fruit flavors, cinnamon and lemongrass came out more and was more well rounded. Overall, I think the tea is pretty good when it is cooled down.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger, Pineapple

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Cold Brew!

This is my favourite from Chroma so far – this is another blend with impressively beautiful and chunky ingredients; in this case those gorgeous pineapple wedges!! I loved the mix of creamy coconut, earthy turmeric, warming cinnamon, and tropical fruits like pineapple and citrus – it sort of felt like a tisane with loose Thai inspirations, and was very refreshing!!

Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCcE8oJgpKm/